hf1

DnF and heavy-wetters

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:46 pm

I've just received 3 DnF nappies from the co-op as I thought they were great for HWs but have tried Max in one this morn and he power-peed thru it in 1.5 hours :(

I'd read that these nappies were great absorbency-wise but am concerned that they're just not gonna be up to the job with Max. Granted they are new and so will absorb more after a few washes but I'm just wondering whether to cut my losses and sell them now or keep them and see how they are after a couple more washes????? :-?

How do other mums with HWs find them????

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby weefywoo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:13 pm

I'd give them a few more washes and then see also if you have not already try folding the inserts so you have a super absorbant wet zone ... When Aoife was still in nappies they were the only things along with Guerilla Fluff that would keep her 2 year old, held onto power wees at bay

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:15 pm

I know people rave, but IMO our Holden's Landings are more absorbent (not that I have a heavy wetter, just my experience! :oops:). That said, they are one of our best-fitting nappies under our Snugglebots fleece skirties and I'm kicking myself for not joining in in the co-op because I thought it'd be too close to Lili PLing by the time they got here (she's still resisting :giggle:), so if you did decide to sell any... :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:22 pm

What do you do with the loose booster? I fold it in half and put it at the front of the nappy for Kieren...we get on with them really well...i love them but then Kieren isnt a HW during the day really, but he can easily go 3.5-4hrs in one...

ETA I have also used one on megan on a car journey and it managed her power wee's too (she is PT'd but we got desperate on a car journey a few months ago).

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:33 pm

We do the same as Tory with the loose insert and we get the same sort of length of time from them. I would definately give them a few more washes though :)

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:36 pm

i do love our DnF's but also find that dont last that long! alsiter drinks SO much though so thats the reason! i put 1 of his new ones on today for around the house not prewashed and also lasted 1.5hrs, it was soaked onthe outside, the others that have been used regulary usually last around 2.5- 3hrs MAX! and they are soaking wet when taken off!
but im used to changing him regulary so its not a prob!

i will defiantly try the folding of the loose booster though!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Hadn't thought about folding the loose booster so will definitely give that a go :D Fit-wise they are fine bit I just love my FnS more :oops:

My avatar
lucylou0417
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lucylou0417 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:12 pm

We had a couple DNF and i loved them dearly but they were no good for Daniel. They didnt have an extra booster though ( is that new?) To be honest though any fitteds were no good on Daniel he would out wet them all quite easily

Lucyx

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:07 pm

I have bought 2 dnf's and 2 FnS's recently pre-loved and I have to agree that the DnF's don't last Evie anywhere near as long as the FnS's. Having said that they are definately more absorbant than some of my other nappies :D

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies