hf1

DnF and heavy-wetters

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:30 pm

HighlandMum wrote:We do the same as Tory with the loose insert and we get the same sort of length of time from them. I would definately give them a few more washes though :)

WSS
We did that as well x

My avatar
GeoMax
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby GeoMax » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm

I fold the insert too, but Max is a heavy wetter so I have some of the FnS boosters that I use in my DnFs. Gives us an extra hour, and keeps the nappy still nice and trim. I think jabula and Bibs and bots have some instock, but give the extra washes a try first.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:07 pm

GeoMax wrote:I fold the insert too, but Max is a heavy wetter so I have some of the FnS boosters that I use in my DnFs. Gives us an extra hour, and keeps the nappy still nice and trim. I think jabula and Bibs and bots have some instock, but give the extra washes a try first.


Funny you should say that as I ordered 2 Friday :wink:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Are fluff and stuff really that great? I need to try one....

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby lazylexis » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:17 pm

I find our DnFs easier to boost than the FnS as more boosters will fit.i tend to fold the insert in half and fold the snap in insert so that there are more layers at the front.i usually boost the DnF with a greenkids booster folded in half or a puddlekins one folded.then we get about 3 hours.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:19 pm

HighlandMum wrote:Are fluff and stuff really that great? I need to try one....


Ahhh hun they are the best. I love my HLs for their beauty and Bonnie's dyeing techniques but I reach for my FnS more than any other fitted in my stash. They are sooooo absorbent and yet so trim and they suit Max's shape very well (skinny waist and chunky thighs)..

They are pricey but no more so than HLs and DnF :wink:

As Lexi as pointed out I can see DnF being easier to boost as they are 'roomier' whereas FnS are pretty full from the soakers they come with but for us the FnS just fit better. Give em a try and see what you think :wink:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby charliesam » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:24 pm

I add a swaddlebees hemp booster, without it sam outpees in 1 pee :shock: with my heavy wetter fluff and stuff i don't need to boost at all :wink: i love dunk n fluff for the fit and find them easy to boost :D

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Emma1977 wrote:
HighlandMum wrote:Are fluff and stuff really that great? I need to try one....


Ahhh hun they are the best. I love my HLs for their beauty and Bonnie's dyeing techniques but I reach for my FnS more than any other fitted in my stash. They are sooooo absorbent and yet so trim and they suit Max's shape very well (skinny waist and chunky thighs)..

They are pricey but no more so than HLs and DnF :wink:

As Lexi as pointed out I can see DnF being easier to boost as they are 'roomier' whereas FnS are pretty full from the soakers they come with but for us the FnS just fit better. Give em a try and see what you think :wink:



Cheers mdear :) *scuttles off to look.....*

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: DnF and heavy-wetters

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 pm

I always order mine with added Zorb, Tami stitches it into a pad in the wetzone & that makes all the difference. Rufus is a super heavy wetter!

I only have a standard FnS which I don't find great at all absorbancy wise, but it's not a heavy wetter version, I am just waiting on my first one of these though so hopefully it will be as good as everyone says!

PreviousNext

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies