hf1

Fitteds with a high rise? (and a bit of colour)

My avatar
fluffy_boy
Clothie
Clothie

Fitteds with a high rise? (and a bit of colour)

Postby fluffy_boy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Ds2 isn't particularly tall for his age but annoyingly I'm already finding his tots too small in the rise (not massively so but it's beginning to annoy me :giggle: ).
I have a stretchie which is great but I like colour! Again I have a flexi tot but it's an old one that looks threadbare and is white. I also have a sandys nappy which is fine but I'm not keen on it and obviously that's not colourful either :lol:
So can anyone recommend large fitteds (ds2 around 22 ish lbs) with a decent rise that have a bit of colour? I'm not looking to spend loads on them (certainly not more than a fiver each pre loved).

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Fitteds with a high rise? (and a bit of colour)

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:04 pm

hmmn, I was going to suggest Holdens Landing tri-tones as they suit my long DD (she's almost 22lbs and 74cm at 8.5 months) but they will probably be too expensive for you, I have a couple I am selling pre-loved at the moment as I am getting some new ones from the co-op, but they normally go for upwards of £10 each.

If you have nappies you are happy with but find boring I'd suggest dying them yourself :wink:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:26 pm

What about a bum genious bamboo fitted? They're not too expensive and the rise is similar to a flexitot and they look a load better as they age.
ETA: forgot that you wanted colours, the bumgenious are just beige.
Last edited by freckle on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Could you dye the nappies you like the fit of? :wink:

My avatar
fluffy_boy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffy_boy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:04 am

Shaunie wrote:Could you dye the nappies you like the fit of? :wink:

I need to find more nappies I like the fit of first :lol: but I guess I could but it might work out expensive if I wanted each nappy a different colour :oops: :roll:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 pm

I was going to suggest Wee Notions Northern Lights, they come in lots of great prints as well as coloured velour, but not sure you'd find them for a fiver either... maybe Swaddlebees? I loved them on DD until I got hooked on bamboo velour; they come in nice colours, nice fabric, very absorbent, nice high rise, and although they're expensive new they don't seem to fetch much secondhand :-?

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:22 pm

all I can think of is huggles and motherease one size which have quite a rise and maybe you could die them

http://www.babykind.co.uk/huggles.htm
http://www.babykind.co.uk/mothereaseonesize.htm

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies