Help needed for my friend pls!!

My avatar
lara53
Clothie
Clothie

Help needed for my friend pls!!

Postby lara53 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi Ladies,

My friend trialled some nappies and decided to go with Tots fluffles because she has no dryer, she bought size 1 and 2 at the same time.........PROBLEM!! Her daughter has outgrown the size 1's and the 2's are enormous on her and gaping/leaking round the legs despite nippa-ing them. Baby is 16lbs and medium/chunky build (not enormous thighs etc, but def chubby!!). She needs something to use in the next few months, but really cheap/quick drying. I lent her various pockets, but her daughter is a really heavy wetter so they are no good. What can you suggest? Ta, Larax

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Help needed for my friend pls!!

Postby Kybosh » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Has she tried hemp in the pockets as well as the insert they come with? Or what about the fluffes turn the waist down and nippa?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:36 pm

Yeah, they say you can use the Fluffles from 10lbs by folding over the front and using a nippa, they would be very bulky but should shorten the rise and therefore make the leg holes smaller.

Otherwise, perhaps she could see if the Little Lamb microfibre ones are a better fit - they are reasonably priced.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Bumgenius with the microfibre insert + an easy peasy hemp insert would be my suggestion.

My avatar
chocolatebrownie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatebrownie » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm

i found bambinex fitted much better than tots. they have a higher rise than most of my other nappies though

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies