hf1

new to fitteds and need a bit of guidance

My avatar
dippydee
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

new to fitteds and need a bit of guidance

Postby dippydee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi ladies we have used pockets from 2 weeks old till now, ds is 17 months old next week and out wee's everything so i have changed to fitteds and today has been brilliant for us both but bow i need a bit of advise please, i have a super wee'er on my hands and he is terrible :) we have raven tree nappies and he soaks them within 3 hours, the best i have tried so far is the goodmamas, i also have a few bedbugs on the way and a couple more goodmamas as i sold my stash of 50 pockets yesterday :cry: what else are good for heavy wetters?He is a big boy and is 30lbs and in 18-24 month old clothes if that helps any.
Any advise will be welcomed as i truely don't have a clue :oops: i have a pair of longies and a pair of flongies and i am upcycling 3 jumpers now into longies until i can afford to get some more.
Thankyou

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: new to fitteds and need a bit of guidance

Postby ems » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:04 pm

is that 3 hours in the day .. or three hours at night?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 pm

3 hours from a day nappy is fine.
Are the bedbugs for day or night use? I wouldn't recommend them for night use on a heavy wetter, they have a lot of microfibe in them which isn't good for power weeing.
DunkNFluff are good as are Fluff n Stuff, Ems at Puddlekins will custom make nappies for you which is great

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

I've not come across the Raven Tree before, but looking on HC it seems that they're cotton nappies. They won't be great for a heavy wetter - bamboo is a much better option as it's so much more absorbent. That's probably why Goodmamas work for you (they're likely to be the bamboo version, rather than cotton). For my very heavy wetter, we use bamboo (and especially bamboo velour) nappies. And avoid anything with microfibre in (like Bedbugs - sorry!). I like Puddlekins, Dunk N Fluff and Holden's Landing in particular. There are others that we use (Sweetiebums, Jimmy Riddles, Wee Notions Northern Lights amongst others), but I often add a bamboo booster to get them to last 3hours. (I wouldn't expect a day nappy to last longer than that. Nor would I want it to, TBH.) In some cases, a WAHM will adapt their nappy to make it suit your LO. For example, my DD can easily outpee a Hollow Oak nappy. That's because they contain microfibre. But Emma made some for us that had zorb instead of microfibre in the core and they work for us. We also have custom Puddlekins, which are great - especially overnight. HTH :)

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 am

I agree with Kirsty about Bedbugs being no good overnight for a heavy wetter, they would probably be OK in the day time though.

Anything with bamboo really is best for heavy wetters as it's so absorbent - the thing with microfibre is that if say your LO sits down, some of the wee can be 'squished' back out, if you get what I mean?

Anyway we love bamboo Little Lambs and Motherease Sandys, I boost them with Little Lamb bamboo boosters. I also love WNNL and Dunk n Fluff.

Adding a hemp booster is a good idea - put it at the bottom (i.e. underneath all the other inserts/boosters) because it is VERY absorbent but slower to absorb.

Rach xx

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 am

I have a very heavy day wetter but bedbugs are fab at night - no leaks but we did with WNNN :-?

Guess it depends on how much your LO wee's at night :wink:

My avatar
dippydee
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby dippydee » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:25 am

Thankyou for all your wonderful input :hug: the raven tree did 3 hours in the night hence the reason i need to find one to last him a bit longer, the raventree is now my day nappy as 3 ours is brill for us during the day, the bedbugs are going to be tried during both the day and night and then will either go on the day or night pile :giggle: i love big piles of fluffy nappies.
I think i may have to contact Em and see what wonders she can work for us :mrgreen:
Off to find super sucking bamboo, thankyou

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies