advice :)

My avatar
baileysmummy18
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

advice :)

Postby baileysmummy18 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi ladies :)
We are expecting our first baby in 8 weeks time, and I have just started to build our reusable stash :)
Just a few quick questions really, I currently have 9 size one tots bots and 4 wraps. How many nappies/wraps etc will I need?
How long will size one last?
Do I need some size two aswell, or will size one be ok for the moment?
Sorry ladies, just starting to panic! We are on an extemely low income so its very important that I get this right first time!! :) xxx

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: advice :)

Postby jasmine b » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 pm

baileysmummy18 wrote:Hi ladies :)
We are expecting our first baby in 8 weeks time, and I have just started to build our reusable stash :)
Just a few quick questions really, I currently have 9 size one tots bots and 4 wraps. How many nappies/wraps etc will I need?
How long will size one last?
Do I need some size two aswell, or will size one be ok for the moment?
Sorry ladies, just starting to panic! We are on an extemely low income so its very important that I get this right first time!! :) xxx

hi and welcome :idea: i didnt use tot bots when my lo was born but i had 20 one life nappies which seemed to do the job and probably about 4 wraps. im not sure of the sizing of tots bots but im sure some one on here will but i guess it depends on how big your baby will be - fin was a ten pounder so wasnt ever a "real" newborn :giggle:
please do pm me when the pms are back up and running as im sure i have 1 or 2 wraps i could send you for free as we use wool now and congrats on your baby x

My avatar
baileysmummy18
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby baileysmummy18 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Thank you very very much, my consultant and midwife say they are expecting him to be a big baby! So I'm just panicking that it will all be too small! Lol, can I ask, when did you start using wool? And thank you very very much, I will PM you when I can :) xxx

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:28 am

you can use wool from birth as far as I know, a few mums on here have. and I had 20 tots bots and 4 wraps to begin with and that was enough (have about 50+ now though :oops:)

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 am

I used tots bots in the beginning too, though only part time and i had a few other bits and bobs in our stash, Austin only really outgrew our size one tots at around 11 months but if i didn't mind a lower rise i could probably still get away with them so i suppose it will all come down to the size of your baby and how quick they grow.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 am

hi my son is a year old and has just gone in to size 2 totbots so i hope that helps he is 20lb now :D

My avatar
baileysmummy18
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby baileysmummy18 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:10 am

Thank you very much ladies :) xx

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am

harry is nearly 2 and has just in the past month gone it to size 2 tots bots! he is only 12lbs though! x

My avatar
curlywhirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby curlywhirly » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:27 am

my girl was in muslins (i used the jo fold - have a look at the nappy lady on you tube for instructions!) with a one life wrap until she reached about 10lbs, so even if you run out of your tots bots stash, you can always resort to a muslin! x

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies