hf1

advice :)

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: advice :)

Postby weefywoo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:31 am

With Imogen I startes out with 15 tots size 1 and two wraps, I washed everyday at that point and they did me fine I think not long after she was born I did buy a couple of extra wraps in a medium size though :D
Imogen was 8lb 3oz at birth and chubbed up quickly but the nappies did fine for us for the first 3/4 months

My avatar
baileysmummy18
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby baileysmummy18 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 am

Thank you all so much xxx

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 am

My son started in size 2 tots bots bamboozles (the orignal ones) at about 5 or 6 months - but that was when i started him in cloth, so i never bought any size 1's.

Clara is now using them folded down at the front and nippa'd (but nippas don't work well on these), so it'll still be a while before she can just use them with the aplix. She's 4 and a half months now.

With oscar we had 15 bamboozles and 4 wraps, and washed daily and we never needed anything else. You might need more for a newborn though due to the explosive bf poos.

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:03 pm

baileysmummy18 wrote:Thank you very very much, my consultant and midwife say they are expecting him to be a big baby! So I'm just panicking that it will all be too small! Lol, can I ask, when did you start using wool? And thank you very very much, I will PM you when I can :) xxx

hi :idea: will post tomorrow morning x
i only started using wool about 6 months ago but only because i didnt know about it before then otherwise i would have used it from birth its lovely! because its natural - it breathes better and is so comfy for fin.

My avatar
baileysmummy18
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby baileysmummy18 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Thank you hun xx

My avatar
KaiAlexOlli
Clothie
Clothie

Postby KaiAlexOlli » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:19 pm

Millie was in size one tots till about 4 months, thr waist fit her and probably still would now at 21lbs 14ozs but the rise didn't, but we always outgrow rise first with her!! Size 2 are still a bit big on her though,

My avatar
Aliphant
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Aliphant » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 pm

I also used muslins to begin with, great because they are flexible (and cheap!), you can use adjust the way you fold them as the baby grows! I would also recommend the nappy lady folding instructions.
Used Motherease wraps over them. I was also on a very limited budget and I found that buying nappies second hand worked really well, check out the second hand forum on here.
Good luck and enjoy!

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies