hf1

Huggles?

My avatar
KaiAlexOlli
Clothie
Clothie

Huggles?

Postby KaiAlexOlli » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:22 pm

I just ordered DD 2 huggles for nights, she's not a huge wetter at all, a mamabless bamboo with both boosters and wool longies usually last her all night. So, do I need to boost the huggle at all do you think and how many pre-washes will it need? Thank you xxx

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Huggles?

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 pm

HI hun

I would still boost them with an easy peasy hemp and some bamboo.
Just make sure the poppers on the huggles are ok before u wash them, as I bought 4 in march and the poppers are horrendous on every one - ds was only 4mths old and he could undo poppers. We have to nippa them now. The old style were the best, the new ones seem untidy and look rushed. I hope urs are better than mine.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Huggles?

Postby Frances » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:41 pm

You'll probably need to boost the Huggle for nights, on its own it's probably only as absorbant as a day fitted, if that. I used to use three hemp or bamboo inserts for my heavy wetter.

I must say they do look a bit 'untidy' compared to my other WAHM nappies but I haven't experienced any probs with the popprs.

You can use nappies without pre-washing, particularly for a light wetter, not sure if pre-washing increases the absorbency of cotton, sure someone else will know!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies