hf1

High rise nappies

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

High rise nappies

Postby clothpenguin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:09 am

Can anyone tell me which nappies are high in the rise, any kind, fitted, pocket whatever. We have long skinny babies and I don't want builders bum on the next size up which I suspect will happen with Tots and BB's. Shame about the tots, I love rainbows.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: High rise nappies

Postby tanya » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:42 am

Bella has a long body, but dumpy little legs. I've been having trouble finding two-part night nappies which do not give her builder's bum!!

Kiwi Quick Flips are long rise - I have personally tested these on Bella and no builder's bum there! Not sure on other fitteds although Ella's House Bumhuggers may work too, but I have yet to try these.

Pockets:
HHOS are also higher rise than most pockets, bit boring tho. AS are BGs. Both of those fit Bella quite well. We also have a BB OS, which fits fairly well. Not as well as the HHOS or BGs.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:54 am

Bambineos are also high rise and quite slim fitting. Katie is now in size 2 fitted nappies and they are the only ones I have to fold down still. They also still fit Ryan who is 2 1/2.

Louise x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:57 am

Mummyof3 wrote:Bambineos are also high rise and quite slim fitting. Katie is now in size 2 fitted nappies and they are the only ones I have to fold down still. They also still fit Ryan who is 2 1/2.

Louise x

Yes, IMO you can't beat them for a slim but very high nappy. And with the removable booster, you can take it out if you don't need the extras absorbancy making them even slimmer :)

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:23 am

thanks ladies, interesting about the pockets, also I will check out bamineos (daft name)Mr CP does get challenged by removable boosters though, and liners, and anything that needs tucking in or folding over or adding!

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:30 am

Hello fellow mother of twins :D :D

I agree with what the others have said about the bambineos but

clothpenguin wrote:Mr CP does get challenged by removable boosters though, and liners, and anything that needs tucking in or folding over or adding!

I do find them to be a bit fiddly. I mean, not amazingly so but my DH hates them. Mimi is very long and an average build. She grew out of her bamboozles when she about 3 months old, they were just far too short for her. She has really only just grown out her bambineos at 7 months, they are so high in the rise. I was folding over the front of them until she was about 3 months old though. The nippa ones always fitted so nicely but the aplix ones were always difficult to get a good fit with. I just couldn't get them tight enough around the legs. I am sooooo lazy too, when it comes to separate boosters, fleece liners etc. We stick to pockets in the day now. I really like my greenkids. I find they come up high and are easy to get the fit right on. I like the BG too but get annoyed that the poppers to adjust the rise are always coming open when I try to fasten them tightly. Considering they are sized, I think the fuzzis must be quite high in the rise, I think the mediums we have now will fit for a long time yet.

We're using 2 parters at night and I do think the bumhugger is quite generous, ready fleece lined and the aplix is easy for Dh to get a good fit with. It's quite bulky though so not sure how good it would be for daytime use.

Sorry if I'm a bit late replying and you've already been shopping, don't seem to get more than 30 seconds to come on here at a time :D :D

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:26 am

my spree has yet to occur....actually I have AGES to research size two nappies so I will be asking a billion more questions :D

Nice to meet you, we seem to have an online twins club going on on the forum!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:30 pm

ellas house nappies are very high-rise, and bumgenius can be high-rise too. Happy Nappy Shoppinng! :D xx

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Looking forward to an update to what you have bought :P

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies