hf1

Sandys sizing.

My avatar
ellie81
Clothie
Clothie

Sandys sizing.

Postby ellie81 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:25 pm

We are using small sandys on my 12 week old ds. He is a very big baby - over 18lb already! The small sandys are supposed to fit up to 20lb and at the rate hes growing he will be over that in another month. I wasn't expecting him to grow quite as quickly as he has and so we hadn't planned to have to buy large ones quiet so soon and money is a bit tight at the moment! At the moment he is on the middle setting around the legs and the small waist setting so I am hoping they will fit for a bit longer. Does anyone have any experience of how long they actually fit for just so I can plan when I need to start stocking up on the larges.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Sandys sizing.

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 pm

I would stock up on larges I think, Gracie was probably about that weight when she started wearing them at night, she is skinny though so I did have them sent off to get extra snaps added and dyed to pretty them up x

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:30 pm

they fit my 2 up to just under 25lbs so we got a bit longer out of them. x

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lizzy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Rufus is 15 months and still in size 1 :shock: - he's on the 1st snaps for waist and the last for legs. It depends on shape as well as weight.

I wouldn't panic if he was a bit older as babies often slim down/change shape when they start crawling and walking, but as he's only 12 weeks then you might need to start stocking up :(

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm

DS grew out of his smalls before 5 months. After then I used larges as night nappies on him and he has now at 17m just grown out of them and needs toddle-ease size. The smalls became too tight on the legs and waist and the larges just became too short in the rise.

My avatar
ellie81
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ellie81 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I should probably start stocking up then. He grows so fast! We never seem to get much wear out of anything - hes growing out of his clothes at an alarming rate as well :lol:

Never mind - I will start checking out the classifieds again. :)

My avatar
happyanne
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby happyanne » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:12 am

My DS wore the small ones for no longer than 4 month :( , but the larges will fit forever, since he's 25 month now and they still have room to grow!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies