Lls night nappy question

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Lls night nappy question

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 am

Hi ladies.
i bought a lls night nappy from the classifieds last week and the fit is brilliant, however he wore it last night and soaked through it.
I have to say i didnt think it looked absorbant enough for him at night as it has 2 what looks like hemp inserts that popper together and popper into the nappy.
Is that a normal insert for a lls night nappy then as standard? because i boosted it with an ep hemp too and a little lambs bamboo but he still out peed it?

thanks in advance x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Lls night nappy question

Postby tanya » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:55 am

Was it a heavy wetter one? Bella did the same with the heavy wetter one, but she is a stupidly heavy wetter. You'd find the Super Wetter one much better - that copes with Bella's wetting.

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:57 am

i had one made for a super heavy wetter and Caleb still outpeed his but the way you describe yours sounds like the one I got

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:06 pm

As standard the night nappies come with 2x 3 layer inserts that either fit into the pocket or snap/lay inside the nappy.

It would be Bamboo Hemp fleece you have I imagine as we rarely use hemp on it's own.

Unless it was originally ordered as a Heavy Wetter night nappy then that is how it comes...the original customer would have specified the fabrics used. The Heavy Wetter nappies have layers of Zorb in the core and inserts to increase absorbency.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Its so frustrating as he doesn't outpee his wnnn's but the fit is quite poor with. Bad leg gape...plus I am just not soo keen on how huge and bulky it is on him. I will have to go back to the drawing board me thinks cause I realy can't boost this lls anymore...the ll bamboo had to go outside the nappy between his nappy and flongies as it was! X

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:27 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:Its so frustrating as he doesn't outpee his wnnn's but the fit is quite poor with. Bad leg gape...plus I am just not soo keen on how huge and bulky it is on him. I will have to go back to the drawing board me thinks cause I realy can't boost this lls anymore...the ll bamboo had to go outside the nappy between his nappy and flongies as it was! X

i am a wnnn fan but like you we are having problem with the fit at the moment so I am now having a pknn made so I will let you know how the piddlemonster copes with that :wink:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Unfortunately, not ALL nappies will suit ALL babies. Unless you pay out to have a nappy completely custom made, size and absorbency wise to suit your baby then what might be perfect for one baby will be useless on another.

Have you tried a zorb booster with your NNs? Maybe the natural fabrics you're using just aren't able to cope with how much he wees?

TBH the LLS nappy you have doesn't sound suited to his needs so I wouldn't expect it to be able to cope.....if you've got just a basic regular wetter night nappy then the core and the inserts won't be enough. I also can't comment on exactly what fabrics have been used in this particular nappy as I'm unsure which one it is but it also sounds that the fabrics aren't suited to your lo.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:49 pm

I have a couple of just the basic nn's that were bought as instock and unboosted wouldn't last Gracie the night and she really isn't a heavy wetter at all, I do however have a couple of heavy wetter ones and they are fantastic, I love them, they are always dry or as near as dam it on the outside in the morning :D

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah I think you are right hun...I just got it off classifieds not knowing there was different night nappies ect. I might try a zorb booster to see if it makes a difference as I realy do love the fit on him, its perfect and the nappy is lovely itself. Thanks girls

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies