hf1

Lls night nappy question

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Lls night nappy question

Postby lazylexis » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:20 pm

i have a heavy wetter and have to put 2 boosters in the pocket-i have a quite thick bamboo one which i use as well as an eco earth one.then i put a pd bamboo on the outside between the nappy and wool.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Replacing the inserts with new heavier or super wetter ones would probably be enough to make sure it copes, but the core of the nappy is probably just a standard one with bamboo interlock rather than a combination of heavy fleece, bamboo hemp fleece and zorb. The pocket is good because you can boost it up. If it was one of the ones Vikki was selling, then it's not really an LLS nappy as such, but the first ones that were made by Amber at Upsy Daisy Nappies out of dyed LLS outer OBV fabrics, so there have be 2 or 3 major changes / upgrades since then and the fabrics used are totally different now too, because I get them from Nature's Fabrics.

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Beth, i got regular night version one, bought from jabula. I like it a lot, but it had to be boosted heavilly outside (no space inside). I'm actually using it as a day nappy cos it is so pretty, and just enough.
Is there really a big diff between a regular nn and those for heavy wetters?
Would like to order some in september i think:)

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Yeah there's quite a big difference. The fabric used are different, mainly heavy bamboo fleece, bamboo hemp fleece and zorb and there are just more layers of fabric, so more absorbency. I would get one for a heavier wetter. Super wetter is probably overkill unless your LO is incredibly heavy.

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Thanks Beth!
Is the bamboo fleece used on the outside insted of obv? I like obv for its softness but if the fleece is better...
I got the b day email;) couldn't order in August but maybe it is for the better;) have to do some shift in the stash and ask for advice when i;m ready to order:)

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:08 pm

malina wrote:Thanks Beth!
Is the bamboo fleece used on the outside insted of obv? I like obv for its softness but if the fleece is better...
I got the b day email;) couldn't order in August but maybe it is for the better;) have to do some shift in the stash and ask for advice when i;m ready to order:)

The heavy bamboo fleece outer will certainly give you more absorbency compared to an OBV outer. Although it doesn't have the same "sheen" I actually really like how the heavy fleece takes the dye...you can see all the variations in the colours so clearly :)

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:25 pm

If it is the blue one that I think I sold to someone else then it is bamboo interlock with added zorb - it worked for Blake with added wool inserts and wool over.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:53 pm

2climbingboys wrote:If it is the blue one that I think I sold to someone else then it is bamboo interlock with added zorb - it worked for Blake with added wool inserts and wool over.

yeah i think thats the one hunni. the two pop in inserts look like hemp (2 layers each) is that what they are? is the zorb actualy sewn inside the nappy then?
thanks for your help :D

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies