hf1

Day fitteds?

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Day fitteds?

Postby little1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:30 pm

I currently use pockets/ AIOs during the day and fitteds/ wool at night.

For all of you who use fitteds during the day I was just wondering why you prefer them, and what the advantages are.

I've seen a few fancy fitteds i like but cant think of a reason to justify the cost to DH :oops:

Last edited by little1 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Why day fitteds?

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:34 pm

I generally prefer fitteds + wool over pockets / aio because they tend to be more absorbant for my heavy wetter. Sandy is in wool 90% of the time so thats why i tend to stick to them. We have some pockets / aios for under "normal" clothes on the odd occasion he wears them.

I know some people have issues with PUL which is why they stay away from pockets.

:)

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Day fitteds?

Postby twinkletot » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:57 pm

We got leaks leaks with pockets and got none since we changed to fitteds and wool :wine: Plus fitteds and wool at night is the only thing that has worked for us.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 pm

We only use fitteds and wool. Pockets can't cope with my heavy wetter, and neither do PUL wraps (we get dreadful wicking). I prefer how breathable fitteds and wool is compared to pockets.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:45 am

We can use either and tend to change day to day. Originally I found wool easier to get on over DDs nappies, she's a big girl and trousers just wouldn't fit right. She must have changed shape though as we are finding it much easier now to get normal clothes that work over her BBSS and even over her DnFs :-) I like the look of wool and it seems really comfy, but I have to change DD more often in wool than in PUL wraps or pockets so I'm starting to reach for pockets more when we're going out now. Only ever used fitteds at night though, I like how breathable wool is when she's in it 12 hours

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:50 am

i have a very heavy wetter and pockets just don't last and we get lots of leaks and ryan is in wool 90% of the time now. and we get no leaks i have some funky print in fiteds and i love my wool to much to give it up now :giggle:

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies