hf1

Microfibre preferences

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Microfibre preferences

Postby mrspumpkin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:02 pm

we have one teddy nappy. it has lasted really well- 3 years so far and is nice and soft. velcro isn't what it was but it's been used for ages. it was great to have a microfibre nappy in case of running out- it was almost dry when taking it out of the machine.

i find it not as absorbant and more bulky than say tots bamboozles.

for boosters- i have a mixture- bamboo, hemp, microfibre and cotton (maybe 1 or 2 of each). my microfibre ones are justs the cloth you can buy in the supermarket

we don't get rashes or anything with the teddy nappy, and i only use it at night

Eta if i was starting out again- i would prob get a terry square (?little ewe), fitteds- one cotton (? bimbles/ tots), one bamboo(little lamb), one microfibre (teddy) and then maybe an AIO (?teenyfit) or pocket (?fuzzi)

and some mother ease rikki wraps, nippa and some fleece liners

that would give you a mixture and then you could decide what you liked.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:04 am

We got on quite well with MF inserts in our pockets (would use a hemp or bamboo trifold for security as well) but then William was only a medium wetter. I bought some from an american site (cant think of the name!) and they were fantastic compared to some others I've tried.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks so much for all the help! I think that we'll probably get at least a few microfibres in the end, seeing as not everyone is against them! We've just done a few loads of laundry in our new place and find that even normal cotton t-shirts take about 2 days to dry...let alone jeans and thicker trousers. There isn't fantastic ventilation and whenever someone takes a shower, the whole place is a bit humid.

Mrs Pumpkin, thanks for the example of a shopping list. I'll definitely be looking around the classified for some of your suggestions!

My avatar
clarahippy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby clarahippy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:10 am

Hi,

I live in a high rise so feel for you with the drying problems! I started out with a mixture of nappies bought preloved and have a few microfibre in there. I definitely think they are an essential part of your stash if you have drying issues and am trying to get more! It means I can have some nice swish bamboo nappies without worrying about how long they take to dry because I have my microfibre ones to fall back on. I am finding I need to boost them sometimes but mostly we use them at home anyway and save my nicer pockets/AIO for going out.

The other thing I never considered before is that if you don't have a tumble dryer/outdoor drying its really really hard to get crunchy cotton nappies soft :(

Clare

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies