hf1

DnF sizing

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

DnF sizing

Postby evansmummy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Is there much difference between a XS and S not sure what to get..

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: DnF sizing

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Im not sure but i have gone for smalls in obv as they have more stretch in them than prints. I thought buying XS would be a bit of a waste tbh as they baba wouldnt be in them long at all. If you look at the measurements on the DnF site the smalls should last a while :)

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:50 pm

HighlandMum wrote:Im not sure but i have gone for smalls in obv as they have more stretch in them than prints. I thought buying XS would be a bit of a waste tbh as they baba wouldnt be in them long at all. If you look at the measurements on the DnF site the smalls should last a while :)

Thanx hun - do you think the small will be ok for a NB? So hard guessing when there not here isn't it :giggle:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:09 pm

evansmummy wrote:
HighlandMum wrote:Im not sure but i have gone for smalls in obv as they have more stretch in them than prints. I thought buying XS would be a bit of a waste tbh as they baba wouldnt be in them long at all. If you look at the measurements on the DnF site the smalls should last a while :)

Thanx hun - do you think the small will be ok for a NB? So hard guessing when there not here isn't it :giggle:

Fin wore the small size until he was about 19 months I think. :giggle:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:02 pm

I think the small would be massive on a NB. The DnF sizing isnt your typical Xs/S etc -

Newborn being 8-16lbs - thats the same as a Small Wee notion :wink:

We've got 4 DnF XS's - 2 print and 2 OBV for the little dude :D

HTH x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:51 pm

I think those weights are a bit out though - DD has only ever worn large DnF - she's just over 12 months now and had her first one at about 10 mths old, she is 24lbs at the moment so still a way off the weight range for a large DnF (30-40lbs :shock: ) but she fits measurement wise - I'd go for smalls as you can do them up on the tightest snaps, and can always add a booster or a small wrap which will hold it all in if they are a bit big - you could probably even nippa them if you had to - it would only be for a couple of weeks at most I'd have thought?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 pm

I'd go on resale value. Newborn stuff doesn't shift nearly so easily as small stuff. If you're buying new, you could end up losing a lot of money on nappies that may only fit for a few weeks.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies