Bamboozles only last 2 hrs now :-(

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Bamboozles only last 2 hrs now :-(

Postby Amanda » Wed May 02, 2007 9:13 am

Hi there,
I know the simple answer is to boost them, but I just wondered how long the rest of you can go between changes with bamboozles? If going out to meet friends or to the shops I used to always rely on them as I knew they could happily do 3-4 hours, but lately they've not done so well. Yesterday I met friends in the park and Connor was ok while crawling around, I then put him back in his buggy for 5 mins to get back to the car and when I lifted him into the car he was soaked through after sitting down on his soggy nappy. It was less than 2.5 hours. It's been warmer lately and he's been drinking quite a bit of water which explains it, but I'm getting a bit concerned that as he gets bigger I'll end up on hourly nappy changes!! And boosting kind of defeats the purpose of our lovely slimline nappy!
Amanda x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed May 02, 2007 9:47 am

Oops, just reaslised I should probably have posted on the fitted/shaped nappies board. Sorry ...
Amanda x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 02, 2007 9:58 am

Your wish is my command, moved it for you :wink: :D :!:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Wed May 02, 2007 10:21 am

I know what you mean, I always got 4 hours easily from my bumgenius with nothing apart from its insert but they've started to leak on me recently. I think it just happens as they get bigger!
IMO the only answer is more boosting unfortunately :(
At least if you use something slim like hemp it won't add too much bulk.
I plan to buy lots of hemp from babeco and make boosters (and the g diapers inserts Karen came up with!)

Bamboozles still last four hours with Matthew atm with no boosting but I expect that will change in time and I'll have to boost them!..

Let us know what you do and how you get on.

Joanne

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 02, 2007 11:07 am

I agree with Joanne. I've made most of my hemp boosters and they are fab.

Amanda, if you put the hemp booster that I gave you in shouldnt' make any real difference to the bulk but you'd easy get your 4 hours then!!

Louis is being really rubbish at drinking so I'm getting the driest nappies ever. I think its at about 5 months that they are the worst as they are living just on milk but having soooooooo much of it!!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed May 02, 2007 7:14 pm

I added a fuzzi insert into the bamboozle I used today, as I knew we'd be out for a while and haven't got round to buying any hemp yet. Typically, despite the sunshine he didn't actually drink that much today :roll: , so that combination worked very well lol! Of course it was much bulkier than a bit of hemp, but we didn't have a problem getting his trousers on, which is my method of rating bulkiness !
Must get round to buying some fabric soon though,
Amanda x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 02, 2007 7:38 pm

Don't forget mil said she'd run them up for you at £1 a pop as you don't have a machine!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies