hf1

bambeasy nappies

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

bambeasy nappies

Postby clothpenguin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 pm

are bambeasies ant good as night nappies ie is there stuffing room? my babies seem to pee alot and i need fleece lined btp

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: bambeasy nappies

Postby babyroo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:30 pm

I really liked bambeasies (and bumbles before the bamboo was available) for night-time until Katie outgrew them. There is plenty of room for stuffing, I used to add a hemp insert and maybe something else too.

PS I'm selling some pre-washed only :wink: :hohoho:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:31 pm

I would say you are much much better off with weenotions night notions altho' they're not BTP...
Bambeasys the BTP ones come up quite short in the rise - Isabelle used them for ages as a night nappy on the full length until she out grew them about 6months or so ago when I was forced to conceed the builder's bum look just wasn't good...
My friend was using them on her LO but folded down the rise is too short, but full length they're too big - she can't win!

I'd say they're actually quite a good night nappy and while we used them they were perfect - and I used to stuff quite a bit but they won't last you truly BTP...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I'd say they're actually quite a good night nappy and while we used them they were perfect - and I used to stuff quite a bit but they won't last you truly BTP...

Yep that is true, although they still fitted us as a day nappy untl PTing.

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Thu May 01, 2008 5:19 am

We started off with the size0 bambeasies for daytime and night. They were great but Mimi grew out of them at about 8 weeks. I ordered the btp ones to use as night nappies then (as we're in pockets n the day now). I've been disappointed with them tbh. I think they are quite bulky for how absorbant they are. The pocket is quite big so will take a bit of stuffing but I find it very wide between the legs. I stuff it with an mf cloth and it is fine but I don't have a very heavy wetter.

We got the btp ones at about 3 months but they would have been too small poppered down. I can't see them lasting too much longer. They are far too short in the rise and the wings aren't long enough either. By the morning now, I find that the nappy is pulling down below the nippa (esp when DH puts the nappy on). It just doesn't seem comfortable really. It's at the bottom of my pile and I've just ordered a couple more bumhuggers for nights so that it can be even further to the bottom. I'm sure others have got on better with them but Mimi is quite a tall baby.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu May 01, 2008 12:49 pm

I like them!

we have the Birth to potty poppered ones and they fit in extra stuffing quite happily and have been super reliable overnight for us!

(another blatant plug here but I bought too many and have a few I am wanting to sell if you are interested pm me!)

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu May 01, 2008 1:26 pm

we have a btp bambeasy and as the others have said for a while it was too short when poppered down, but then massive open, now it is a very high rise nappy on the bigger setting and I agree for a proper fit 3 sizes of poppers would have been better. Fits loads of stuffing though, but the kiwi's as my all time fav night nappy

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Wed May 07, 2008 9:26 am

total dilemma now, especially as there are some for sale here. i recognise the dh induced wing droop/nippa-ing, we need to avoid that!

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Sun May 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Have decided against, know where to come if I change my mind though!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies