hf1

When do you change a fitted

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

When do you change a fitted

Postby sahara » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:40 pm

ok this may sound daft, but I feel that to leave a fitted on until the whole front of the nappy to where the snaps are must wrong - so do you change them before then.

leo can do that to a goodmama in under 2 hours :shock:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: When do you change a fitted

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 pm

I would change before that, when Gracie was in nappies she was changed every 2-3 hours.
Have you tried folding the boosters different? Gracie is in her GM nn tonight and I fold one of the inserts (the bottom one) in half so there is more at the front and I also add a small hourglass shaped bamboo booster x

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sahara » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 pm

thats what I was thinking - but leo is only 7 months old - what on earth am I going to do in a few months - I am guessing his wetting is only going to get worse

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 pm

You may find that he starts to wet less heavily when he's more established on solids and drinks less milk.

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sahara » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 pm

really i hope so - he does have 6 bf a day plus 2 night so alot of fluid

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:18 pm

sahara wrote:thats what I was thinking - but leo is only 7 months old - what on earth am I going to do in a few months - I am guessing his wetting is only going to get worse

I was worried about this a few months ago, but now at almost 9 months, he's cut down from 5 bottles to 4 and with eating more solids he is wetting a lot less.

I change him every 2-3 hours, 1st nappy of the day after 2 as he wets loads then & the one between 5pmish and Bed no more than 2 hours again as he wets heavily then too.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 pm

i have a 7 month old, and i change about every 2 hours (unless she's sleeping then). more often than not, fitted's are wet through right round the font, snaps etc even doing the change that frequently. i'm currently experimenting with different inserts to add in, and am considering buying some zorb inserts. can't really afford to buy enough to put one in each nappy though.

wearing wool definitely improves the situation, although dd is only in wool about every other day - partly because i'm a slow knitter and don't yet have enough, and partly because dh keeps nagging me that i have to let her wear normal clothes too otherwise she'll hate me when she gets older and looks at all the photos.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:34 pm

tiyuricc wrote:... am considering buying some zorb inserts. can't really afford to buy enough to put one in each nappy though.

LushTush sells sheets of Zorb for about £4, it's like felt so you can just cut it & use it, not the prettiest and not made into proper inserts but it works & is cheap! I put it in all my pockets :D

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sahara » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:48 pm

oooo can I have a link please - I will be buying some!!!

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies