hf1

Bamboo.little lambs or bamboozles?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Bamboo.little lambs or bamboozles?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:45 am

Ok, so I've already got some brand new size 1 little lambs in bamboo for the new baby thanks to the free nappy pack that ran during real nappy month. I occasionaly use the odd size 2 on ethan and I do love them on him but have never used them on a smaller baby. I am thinking of using the ll's mainly as my main stash once baby is out of newborn nappies if all goes well but again, as I've never used size 1's on a little baby before I have no idea how well they perform and fit. Which got me wondering......I've never tried a bamboozle before...ever! Am I missing out? Are they better or worse than the bamboo ll's? Or are they basicaly a very similar nappy? The only thing I don't like about the ll's is the fact that the applix greys quite fast and goes quite curley and stiff too! What do you all think? Have you tried both and if so what was your fave out of the two? Thanks xxx

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Bamboo.little lambs or bamboozles?

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:54 am

My bamboozles were the very original ones when they were first released, and i think they've changed quite a bit since then. I loved them with DS (size 2 only), a stash of 15 of them was his entire stash until pt, and they were used for 3 years and are now being used on Clara although I find they don't last her very well. Not sure if that's because they've been washed about 1000 times each, or if she's just a heavier wetter.

The size 1 ll's I tried on Clara and absolutely loved them when she was tiny... but the rise was so short, she was too long for them at about 8 weeks or so (serious builders bum at that age isn't fetching!). And I assumed at that stage that she'd be too short for size 2's so never tried them. They were so much softer than the bamboozles, but that might just be because of how many times they were washed in our horrid hard water. The ll's stayed nice and soft but were only washed about 25 times each.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:03 am

I use Little lambs size 1 and also tots stretchy which I think is the replacement for the bamboozle (correct me if I'm wrong)
The LL have fit Zarah from about a week old and I love them, they last a good three hours and she is quite a heavy wetter at the moment they have also stayed lovely and soft even in the hard water of London, the stretchies are good too and fit earlier as the size 1 popper right down! they don't last as long though as they don't seem to be as thick. Given a choice out of the 2 I would go for little lambs

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:29 pm

We used bamboozles when Austin was smaller and tbh I wish I had got the LL's as that' what we are using now and they are great, would definately get the LL over the TB given the choice. I also think that the LL may be a bit cheaper but I could be wrong.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:46 pm

Im planning on getting the 20 pack starter pack of LL's with my HIP grant when it arrives :giggle: you can ask for 10 size 1's and 10 size 2's so they are going to be usefull for bulking out my stash

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Im a bit of a mixed one really...

I prefer the fluffyness and absorbancy of the LL's by far...

But i prefer the aplix tabs on the tots stretchies, my little lambs tabs curl up and i end up nippa'ing them :-?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Old bamboozles and old ll were pretty much the same, Although i prefer the fit of LL i used both. New LL and stretchies are now again pretty much the same, the bboth have changed to 90% bamboo and 10% microfibre which is why they are both more stretchy and soft, just different fits.

So you might find bamboozles hard to get now (i have one in yellow poppered size 2! unused ) :giggle: but stretchies aare the newer version

HTH xxx

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebelly » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:30 pm

I have to say, I love my bamboozles! i have never tried little lambs though but a lady at my baby group has and they appear to be almost identical!

My avatar
Melly88
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Melly88 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Ive only tried the ll's and I love them :) Ill probably use them as a night nappy. Theyre so soft and lovely!

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies