hf1

Smelling strongly of wee

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Smelling strongly of wee

Postby sahara » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Some of my fitteds are smelling strongly of wee before they even need changing.

I have stripped using the DW rablet method recently too.

Its not a amonia smell, but I don't want my boy smelling of wee. He wears wool and its escapes quite abit through the his longies :(

thanks x

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Smelling strongly of wee

Postby charlibunny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:10 pm

I had one once like this and i soaked in white vinigar then washed in bicarb. Rinsed ALOT and it was fine

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm starting to think its a boy thing, I (obviously) wash all my nappies the same way, and within minutes of putting one on lockie it can smell of wee, but rileys (a girl) doesnt smell. they share the nappy stash so its not like its just his nappies compared to hers!

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:59 pm

My DS is the same. I just stripped all his nappies because of the smell, but it didn't help. It must be a boy thing. Just think of how awful a public mens toilet can smell :puke:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:16 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:I'm starting to think its a boy thing, I (obviously) wash all my nappies the same way, and within minutes of putting one on lockie it can smell of wee, but rileys (a girl) doesnt smell. they share the nappy stash so its not like its just his nappies compared to hers!

But I have this prob the other way around :-? Its Caras nappies that sometimes get smelly & never Georges :-?

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sahara » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:29 pm

hehe boys seem to start as they mean to go on then lol!!! I am trying the washing powder method now and see whether that helps!!!

Mind you he is out peeing everything so quickly now its a nightmare!!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:25 pm

I have noticed Ruairidh stinks of wee lately and its putting me off using cloth on him all the time :oops: I am going to try the vinegar method over the week and see if we can sort it.

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sahara » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 pm

its horrid isn't it - hope you get it sorted. I stripped them and its still there but not quite so bad. Its not on all of them tho, just the pre loved.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies