hf1

Cotton tots, worth buying on bargain bots?

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Cotton tots, worth buying on bargain bots?

Postby clairegrace » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:07 am

Hi, there's some cheap cotton tots on bargain bots ATM. Just wondering whether they're any good? Always makes me wonder when something's been discontinued :-? I've been buying a few 'tester' nappies as a pressie for a :pregnant: friend and don't want to include or spend money on something that will leak and put her off.

ta xx :mrgreen:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Cotton tots, worth buying on bargain bots?

Postby paintedclaws » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:21 am

I used a few organic cotton tots when Poppy was newborn, they were ok on her for a few months but by the time she grew into them properly they weren't absorbent enough but are easy enough to boost. I only paid about £15 new for five and they did the job of bulking out my newborn stash.. but i prefered the bamboo little lambs i bought at the same time.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:32 am

To be honest I wasn't keen on these as I had some when ethan was smaller. They wasn't absorbant enough and I found the cotton terry went hard in our hard water area. I have bought bamboo nappies for this new baby. Little lambs bamboo are lovely and soft and absorbant. I also love bamboo sandies. Good luck xxx

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:11 am

we have cotton tots and they were my first love :-) nippa's are worth buying to go over the aplix and this gives the best ever fit :-) never had a poo scape with those ever! didn't like the little lambs ones i just was a bit meh on them, but the cotton tots and some minkee wraps are a fab combo. we still use size 1 on mr T who is 18months old now, as we nippa them anyway and cross the tabs over for use on oakley. think they only got discontinued because there are other styles that are selling better. the bamboozles didn't hold a nippa in so well but again they were fab. ahhhh nostalgia :-)

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Bought a couple pre-loved, if she likes them i'm sure i'll be able to find her some more somewhere!! Thanks ladies x

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies