Swaddlebees velour/hemp one size

My avatar
slumberlion
Clothie
Clothie

Swaddlebees velour/hemp one size

Postby slumberlion » Mon May 26, 2008 7:54 am

Hi everyone,
I've got a swaddlebees velour/hemp onesize and Im having real trouble with it! It always leaks at the legs, however its bone dry at the back! Its been prewashed about 4 times, and my little one has worn it about 3 times. Ive got it on the medium setting as shes only wee for 9 months, but this means I cant use the second booster as there is nowhere to popper it in, and it would be too big. So there is one booster in...but I dont understand why its leaking, yet dry at the back! Anyone else had this problem?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Swaddlebees velour/hemp one size

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon May 26, 2008 8:25 am

I'm trying to think if I have the same nappy, we have swaddlebees organic velour onesize. Ben still wears his with the front poppered down, but I add a terry booster to make it last that extra time - he is changed approx 2 hourly, unless he happens to sleep a little longer.

If it is a pocket nappy - or just normal 2 parter too then I have found something super quick absorbing like bamboo is useful to have as the top layer to take in all the wee quickly before it gets a chance to leak out. Microfibre although quick can sometimes leak out again.

Sorry I haven't been much help. Have you always tried the nappy at the same time of the day, or is it when she is sitting up more or had a lot to drink just before?

My avatar
slumberlion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby slumberlion » Mon May 26, 2008 8:39 am

Its this one!
I cant remember what time of day shes been in it...i'll have to keep note! There would probably be just enough room for a small booster so I'll try bamboo. Its a shame though as the velour is so soft it would be nice next to her skin. Its just the fact that parts of the nappy are still dry...seems strange to be boosting it more! Ive been folding the booster that comes with it to the front where it seems the wettest, but it still makes no difference!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 26, 2008 8:52 am

If it helps Isabelle's nappies are often sodden at the front but dry at the back... If we're at leaking point then they're usually sodden right through tho' unless she's wee'd out the side due to either cream on the liner, or a falling down nappy :D

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies