hf1

Sorry another question about Quick Flips

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Sorry another question about Quick Flips

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:02 am

I bought 2 for Evie to use under her wool but they are chafing her thighs - she hasnt chunky legs by any means, Ive tried to fasten then loosely and more tightly with the nippa but they are still chafing (as is her night notions) any ideas?
Perhaps they just dont suit her?

Sadie xx

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Sorry another question about Quick Flips

Postby tanya » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:02 pm

How about putting a large fleece liner in them, so it comes out of the leg holes and covers the leg bindings? - might be softer against her legs.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi Tanya - Im actually doing this, so think they must just be the wrong shape for Evie, and going to sell them on.

Thanks hun - Sadie xx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:26 pm

no idea - sorry :shock:

Although have you tried folding them in to be slightly narrower and see if that helps? Or folding them slightly differently to get them to work?

My avatar
littlekiwibaby
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby littlekiwibaby » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:58 am

Try removing the fleece liner. We have tried the nappies on chunky, skinny, long, short, fat, thin, mobile and immobile babies and never had a report of chafing. Does your wool have a seam in it too. Hope you don't hate me lol
Cat.xx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:00 pm

With Boo's skinny thighs to get a good fit i have to pull the front up higher than the back and then nippa or velcro (velcro in thw wrong place , but it still works!!)
have you tried that? we get chaffing with any nappies that arn't a great fit, but with the kiwis i can fold slightly differently or nippa higher or lower to tailor the fit.
i also love Giant fleece liners.
and i also have a problem if my wool has a seam.
also probs with bamboo and extra chafing, spots rashes etc...whats are your qf made from?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:13 pm

No Cat, I dont hate you lol! The wool doesnt have seams, well I think the pull up Disana does, but the others have all been circular knitted, but Im thinking because Evie is long and narrow Im perhaps not getting them a good tight fit even with the nippa, and they are falling down a little when she does a wee and then chafing. If I dont use a fleece liner Evie gets red bits so cant do without one Im afraid, even tried to turn them inside out to get a good close fit and have the elastic a bit closer up. Just wondered, would a wool soaker make a difference in keeping them in place :? I have an offer on them to sell, but if I thought they would work better with a soaker I would prefer to keep them instead of selling them for very little.

Sadie xx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:09 pm

for a tall skinny baby, put the back at belly button level, then pull the fron as high as it goes, then pull tabs in (there will be an extra bit above the tabs...its fine) and nippa nice and tight so it wont sag. pull the bottom nippa arm as low as it will go....also dont sell just yet as i ended up using qfs that boo had outgrwon for night for days when i need something uber reliable (eg, nursery, or at my mums, or long cars journeys)

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Have them ready to go next change Shevi and will do it up like you suggest - because Ive only started using the nippa perhaps Im not doing it tight enough - a bit worried about giving Evie a weedgee but will try it out :lol:

Sadie xx

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies