hf1

Why are Dunk 'n' Fluff so expensive?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Why are Dunk 'n' Fluff so expensive?

Postby Rufies mama » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 pm

They're not even AIO, they need a wrap as well so why are Dunk n fluff so pricey? I've been looking for some more as we have one (preloved) and it fits my chubby thighed baby so well. I just found them on a website (Kingdom of fluff) and they're £20 each on their own. With a wrap they're £35! :shock: They're just ordinary day nappies.
Am I missing something??! :doh:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Why are Dunk 'n' Fluff so expensive?

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Well, firstly they are a US import, which always puts the price up and they are also very very good nappies. Premium brand.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm

They are custom made to order by a WAHM (work at home mum) in the USA, so they aren't your mass-produced normal nappy, there is all the work that goes into making them, the cute limited edition prints and then you have to take into account the shipping & exchange rate etc.

They fit beautifully and are very absorbant, especially if you get them with Zorb.

I guess I am just used to buying mainly WAHM nappies, but I don't really think of them as being that expensive :oops: , a tots easyfit is £18 roughly, and yes you need a wrap, but you don't 'need' the matching set you can use any wrap ...

I love DnF!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm

as others said, they fit well and they work (especially with zorb, which i believe is now standard although only for ones being made now so the ones in UK stores probably don't have it). they're the only nappy that last us more than about 90 minutes so they get our vote. and they have lovely fabrics :giggle:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 pm

zoeyboo wrote:They are custom made to order by a WAHM (work at home mum) in the USA, so they aren't your mass-produced normal nappy, there is all the work that goes into making them, the cute limited edition prints and then you have to take into account the shipping & exchange rate etc.

They fit beautifully and are very absorbant, especially if you get them with Zorb.

I guess I am just used to buying mainly WAHM nappies, but I don't really think of them as being that expensive :oops: , a tots easyfit is £18 roughly, and yes you need a wrap, but you don't 'need' the matching set you can use any wrap ...

I love DnF!

This.

Also, I'd rather support another mum to be at home with her kids.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:07 am

If you like DnF there are often co-ops where you can buy nappies at reduced prices, there is on on here at the moment but you have to be a regular member to join, they run on other forums and facebook too, and you can often pick them up preloved.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:09 am

I also find they are slim fitting for their absorbency so they work well under ' normal' clothes

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:13 am

you get what you pay for :wink: join in with the next co-op and save money. They are wahm nappy so its literally a mum at hoem with her children sewing nappies! I am glad to support any wahm if i can :mrgreen:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:28 am

WTAS. I buy mine directly from Dunk n Fluff in the US and they are $27 for T&T fitteds (about £16) and $21 for serged fitteds (about £13) so IMO are not expensive at all for a well made fitted that performs well. Obviously there's the shipping costs from the US on top of that but they aren't all that high. As the others have said generally twice a year we have a co-op for regular members where we can buy them at a discounted price which makes them even cheaper.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies