hf1

High rise nappy?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

High rise nappy?

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:51 am

Ive fallen back in love with 2 parters :oops: after falling in love with wool. Ive got a few nappies, most for night times, but have a couple of QFs, an EH Hemp, and a new Nappy Elite that I use during the day and at the mo trying to get them washed as quickly to put them back on Evie. Any suggestions for a high rise day nappy I can get - Im past the stage of trial and error and dont want to spend a fortune as plan to pt Evie at 2 if she hasnt done it before then herself, so if anyone even has a preloved high rise nappy in ex condition then please feel free to plug it here :lol: Oh, I used Bamboozles and Little Lamb for a short while, Bamboozle I didnt really like for some reason, and LL just took so long to dry that kind of put me off them too.

Have looked at the Wambamboos as they are on offer for £4.99 each and cheap postage, are these any good?

Thanks - Sadie xx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: High rise nappy?

Postby Shevi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:57 am

dont know about the whambamboos, never used them myself,
but my favourite basic day nappy at the mo is the kiwi remo / packer. i have a medium and find the rise is higher than my size 2 little lambs, MEOS's and all my medium or os pockets. plenty of room for growth, but the basic nappy without the boosters is sooo slim that it could easily be folded down for a smaller baby without much bulk.
it is a brilliant normal nappy. very very very well priced, usual fantastic kiwi quality and value.
cant recommend highly enough.
(also are very quick drying)

edited to add that i cant find the remo's on the little kiwi site, only the packers (fleece lined), if interested, it might be worth an email to Cat, as there were great deals for 5 or 10 remos on the old site (really cheap)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:46 pm

I've got 3 applix bamboo ones and they are very slim fitting and have a high rise, I still need to fold them down when I use them on Katie. We're not really using them at the moment as I prefer my pretty new ones :wink: but they are well worth 4.99 each.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:14 pm

I would recommend the wambamboos/bambinex for a high rise nappy - if you can afford the extra though, I would try to find bambinex branded ones rather than wambmaboo as the bmaboo is muh thicker and nicer

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:21 pm

The wambamboo ones are one of my old favourites, and work perfectly well as a high rise day nappy, but they are slim (thus faster drying than LL's, but not as absorbant). We actually have a hemp booster in ours as well as the pop in bamboo booster.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Thanks ladies - they sound good but perhaps not absorbant enough? Have email Cat to see about these Remo nappies Shevi and hope she gets back to me. 5 would be perfect, dependent on the price of course, will prob sell a few pockets to pay for them so will see what happens.

Sadie xx

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies