Which nappy next?!

My avatar
xnoodlesx
Clothie
Clothie

Which nappy next?!

Postby xnoodlesx » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:46 am

Hi all!

My LO has been in LL since birth, his size ones lasted him well but nearly all the size 2s are broken - the elastic at the back has gone :-( They seem to slip down all the time. I use them with motherease wraps and was thinking maybe I should get some motherease one size ones to bulk up my stash to give my littlelambs a break, and until I figure out how to fix them!

Now whilst I feel like a pro on littlelambs I feel like a newbie when it comes to new nappies - snap in boosters?! will I need these? I find my LL super absorbant although slightly bulky. Will the motherease OS be slimer, and will they be ok absorbancy wise? I was thinking one size as I thought they may not be as elasticated so might have a chance of lasting longer.

I'm going to have to go preloved as there is no way my hubby will allow more money on new reuseables after this lot breaking, ~Do motherease nappies have a fair lifespan?

Sorry for all the questions, any advice much appriciated - also if you think onesize is a mistake let me know, I can't affoard to get it wrong again! :oops:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Which nappy next?!

Postby monsterm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 am

Hi :wave:

What material are your little lambs? Motherease one size are cotton. Cotton would be the least absorbant nappy material but if your little lambs are cotton then give the motherease a try. If I was you I would just buy one or 2 to make sure they work for your son before forking out for several & finding out they won't do. The snap in booster adds absorbancy so yes do get it. Some people would use the booster for night time use but not many babies would last a whole night in a motherease with one cotton booster but worth a try if your little one is a light wetter.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 am

By the way there is a WAHM lady on here that fixed my little lamb elastics. Her username is angelsquidge. Might be worth contacting to see if she can fix yours.

My avatar
xnoodlesx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xnoodlesx » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks for the advice, my LL are Bamboo so I'm used to pretty good absorbancy, really i'd like to stick to bamboo although now my LO is slightly older he's not as wet, I might see if anyones selling one or two so I can test them before I go for loads!

My avatar
xnoodlesx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xnoodlesx » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:15 pm

PS thanks for the tip off re the WAHM may try and track her down x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Don't think the motherease will do the job if it's bamboo you have currently.

Bamboozles stretch are a great bamboo nappy & cheeks & cherries have a special offer on £7.99 each. You'd pay similar second hand.

http://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acat ... etchy.html

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies