hf1

Should fitteds get *this* wet?

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Should fitteds get *this* wet?

Postby Asta » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:27 am

I got put off fitteds originally because it just seemed unfair that she was so wet all the time. I've started to try them again because I do find them really reliable and I'm enjoying playing with something else :giggle:

Thing is I really hate how wet she gets around her waist, the fleece liner will never cover the entire nappy so she always have damp skin around her middle and next to her legs. Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is?

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Should fitteds get *this* wet?

Postby ems » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:27 am

Have you tried adding an extra booster under the fleece?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:29 am

When we are using fitteds i change them before that get *that* wet becuase i dont like the idea of it being so wet...we use fitteds under wool and generally once I can feel (stick fiunger up leg of woolies) that the nappy is wet then i change it :)

I wouldnt like my babies to be wet up to their tummies either so i know where your coming from!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:38 am

Which fitteds are you using and how often are you changing?

dd when younger was a very heavy wetter, so certain nappies like were like you were describing. I had to use different boosters (bamboo, hemp, zorb) and eventually found the best nappies for her that didn't get her so wet and didn't need extra boosting (dnf's with zorb in her case).

I have a couple of lls's that are entirely minkee lined, they could be something to think about - they never used to be absorbent enough for dd, but seem to do okay now and since they're minkee lined you don't need extra liners inside and the whole nappy is covered.
Last edited by tiyuricc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:50 am

I've tried little lambs, bamboozle stretch and bambini. I found the bambini the best out of the three. I change her about ever 2.5-3 hours which is about how long I leave her in pockets. I did add extra boosters to the bamboozle because it felt so thin but not to the little lamb (orgainc cotton) or bambini.

Hmm maybe I will get some more boosters and try again. I like the idea of using fitteds on our next baby.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 pm

I would add bamboo boosters hun. Cotton isn't that absorbant really. The bamboozle stretch should be the most absorbant nappy of the ones you mentioned. Is she that wet when she has the stretch on?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:12 pm

I change fitteds much more regularly than pockets/AI2s, usually every 1.5-2hours.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:43 pm

ok, I'd assumed they should actually last longer! Yes she was really wet in the bamboozle. The bambini actually seems more absorbent to me.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 pm

I found bamboozles didnt work for us either. Didnt find they held much wee at all. Our fave is LLS.
Like PP said, try more boosting

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies