hf1

Which of these is best for a superwetter for night time?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Which of these is best for a superwetter for night time?

Postby Rufies mama » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Puddlekins / Little Gumnut All Hours OR Holdens Landing Bedbug Plus (Toddler)

All opinions appreciated. Thanks :hug:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Which of these is best for a superwetter for night time?

Postby monsterm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I would think the Puddlekins all hours. I think you would still have to add a zorb or hemp booster to it though.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 pm

puddlekins i would say :wink:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Bum! I've just ordered the Bedbug plus because the All hours really isn't cutting the mustard... I have to change him in the middle of the night because he's crying because he's so soaked, through wool and pyjamas... :( and that's with plenty of extra boosting till his bottom looks like a bowling ball. I'm getting really fed up with this night nappy business. What to try next?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:31 pm

I borrowed an All Hours as people had suggested it would perform well...My BB+ last better and I couldnt fit much in the way of extra boosting, I dont kow if thats typical or not though as Id only borrowed this one for the one night trial.
Have you tried an LLS superwetter?
I have recently bought large WNNN and with the extra absorbency and extra stuffing room I have found they are fabulous (having mostly fallen out with the mediums!) I put an extra 6 layer bamboo in the pocket with a zorb booster (plus the 4layer insert) then another zorb booster under the snap in part and it works very nicely indeed! It still sat nicely round his legs and hadnt moved a cm by morning and although it was wet on the outside it wasnt dripping (literally) like his night nappies often are. Much impressed.
The BB+ wide in M/L I have dont have too much room for extra boosting but I do put in an extra contour soaker and two extra zorb and they last very well but I have to jiggle it all a lot to get it to sit right in the nappy, hence I am switching to Toddler sizes and probably to serged to get some extra room for the boosting if his night wetting doesnt settle down again soon.

Oh, if you havent already got one a WCDNN with a bazillion piggybacks may work...I use six bamboo piggybacks plus a zorb booster and that goes overnight, bulky but works so I dont care!

You can always boost outside the nappy as well, I dont because T moves a lot in his sleep and I worry about it moving but in theory I could use a snug soaker with the boosting outside of the nappy, I just havent tried it yet as Ive gotten pretty comfy with the limited few that I know do good as I really dont want to end up fixing leaks etc when weve never had any!

How well lanolised is your wool? Could the PJs be too tight and making it wick? Tried longies with just a PJ top?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:08 am

Em is doing a limited edition All hours with extra absorbancy so maybe if you could get your hands on one of them. The only thing is that you would have to buy it new & it would be a pain to fork out & it not work. We never got on with WCNN. Did you ever get to try a puddlekins wool? The night nappy thing is so frustrating for me too so I understand. Amelie was outpeeing our puddlekins wool in the last couple of weeks too so we are in sposies at night at the moment. What are you stuffing with? Have you tried a pd bamboo?

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:41 pm

My DD1 was a heavy wetter. We found a Terry Motherease onesize Dry plus Onesize Dry Booster plus two short (20cm) Microfibre boosters stuffed under the popin booster worked well, with a one-size up Motherease Airflow Wrap over the top went for 11 hours overnight (7am til 6 am). If you look at the capacities, that combination holds 900ml of wee in theory! (400ml for nappy, 200ml for booster plus 150ml each microfibre).

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks for all your input. We've found our night nappy harmony. The mistake we were making with the All hours was that it was a knit print outer nappy, now we're using a BV outer nappy which allows that extra layer of absorbancy. We've also got BV lined nappy instead of coolmax, allowing yet another layer of absorbancy. Instead of the trifold booster I tuck the zorb inside a zorb II hourglass snap in booster from one of our Dunk'n'fluff nappies. I then put the trifold booster between the outer of the nappy and the wool cover. Other nappies HL BB+ we do the same thing, its the Zorb II that does the trick every time!

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:39 pm

For us the bedbug plus worked wonders.
And sometimes i had been putting extra booster on outside of the nappy, between the wool and a bedbug. That was a hit.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies