hf1

Popolinis

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Popolinis

Postby lisa101 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Anyone familiar with these? Hope I have posted in the right place. I have been given a full set of these (12?) with wraps but have only ever really used pockets up until now (fuzzi bunz). These have worked well for us for last 3 years but thought I would try something else as due number 3 in august and dd1 (turning 3) still has nappy for bed and poos so gonna be stuffing nappies til the cows come home if I'm not careful!

I'm not sure how the insert (has poppers) works and weather they are considered 'good'. Do you need fleece liner to keep her skin dry and do wraps actually work. They appear to have vents but that confused me ( nit hard at the moment!).

Thanks for any advice!

My avatar
ChristinePlush
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Popolinis

Postby ChristinePlush » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Any idea which ones they are? We stock Popolini, they do various nappies, the label should say if you can read it but here's a quick low down:

Popolini One Size - looks like a Mother-ease One Size, has a popper in booster to add absorbency. To use on newborns, remove the booster, fold the front down and out, and fasten the tabs to the poppers where the booster was attached.

Popolini Two Size - I don't think this is your nappy, this one is similar to a Mother-ease Sandy's, fastens at the hips with poppers and comes in 2 main sizes.

Popolini Ultrafit - this is a birth to potty nappy, has poppers down the front to reduce the rise and has hook & loop fastening.

Your wraps could be Vento wraps, are they popper fastening, with poppers at the hip and the leg? They work very well if so, good products, and actually we've found the Popolini nappies to be robust and reliable. You can add a fleece liner for dryness if you prefer, you can make your own or many nappy sellers stock them.

HTH

Christine

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisa101 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks for your help. They are the one size cotton and as you said the vento wraps. I wonder if I have been spoilt by the fuzzi bunz as they seem to keep the bum drier and take more liquid than the popolini. Not stuffing is attractive but I would need so many and they take a while to dry so all in all I'm finding it hard to see the benefit.

Would people reuse the wrap or is it one nappy one wrap?

Thanks again for your help!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 pm

You can reuse the wrap if it's not dirty, as a rule, between 4-6 wraps is all you need for full time use.

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisa101 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Can I clarify when you say dirty do you mean wet too? One wee on the popolini and it seems to come through which makes the wrap damp. Was thinking of just leaving it to dry and reusing but wonder is that a bad idea. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies