hf1

Ella's House?

My avatar
lairomem
Clothie
Clothie

Ella's House?

Postby lairomem » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:19 pm

Anyone tried any Ella's House Bumhuggers? I'm eyeing some on sale but I've never used them before so it would be great to get some feedback before I splash out on them! I love the rest of my fitteds, but I hate my wraps (plasticky PUL isn't my favourite), so he usually just goes wrapless when we're at home and pockets when we're out. I'm not sure whether to invest in some more fitteds and find some good wraps somewhere or get some pockets. I'm rambling! EHs - deal or no deal?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Ella's House?

Postby beck » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:20 am

I've not got any EH's but they do generally get good reviews I think. Also if you dont like the feel of PUL you could always try wool or fleece wraps.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:11 am

I use them boosted as my main night nappy and highly rate them. Being Hemp they are very absorbant (once they have been washed a good 10 or so times) and not very bulky. Good high rise, and generous at the waist too, and being fully fleeced lined means no damp bum or faffy liners to try and work with. I have seen them on sale for about a fiver, I would say definately worth getting.

Sadie xx

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:31 pm

I don't like them at all, I found the fit was all wrong for us and they were hard also I really don't like nappies that have frilled legs (other than sandies). And I found them a lot less absorbant than most of my other nappies too.

I personally wouldn't buy one ever again

jan x

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:39 pm

My opinion of them is the same as Jan's, i'm not a fan of them at all.

My avatar
lucylou0417
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lucylou0417 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 pm

£5! oh man bought one a couple of weeks ago at £9.95. Still hasnt turned up but cant wait to try it.
Lucyx

My avatar
Mummyto4
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mummyto4 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:43 pm

I'm not a fan of them and I am going to be selling 2 of them. I am new to all this nappy lark so forgive me if I describe $them wrong

They are the sort that need wraps over iykwim? I would only be charging for one as one has a hole on the front. It worked good enough but I just never got on with them

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:14 am

I liked my ella's house print nappy but never tried a bumhugger... I always boosted the print nappy with bamboo as it was so super slim but otherwise it was fab!

My avatar
Nesomja
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Nesomja » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:41 am

I have a pre-loved bumhugger and some of the daytime hemp nappies. I like the bumhugger for night, it's very absorbant without being too bulky and the fleece on the inside keeps it soft, but the daytime nappies are like cardboard! We don't have a tumbe drier though. The bumhuggers are a bit unusual having the fleece on the inside and I think some people must use them the wrong way around, as when I bought mine it was photographed and sent done up with the fleece on the outside.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies