Slim fit Size 2 or BTP fitted?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Slim fit Size 2 or BTP fitted?

Postby mudita » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:25 am

Hi
Now that I have a decent stash of Pockets, I thought I might get some fitteds. I don't need size 1s as I have loads of Sandys, I am looking more torwards 6 months time when LO will start in childcare--mostly want a Size 2 that will go to Potty training, rather than needing both Medium and Larges etc.. My plan is to send in pockets to nursery, but, should the pockets not be working, want to think about what 2 parters I might use so I can keep my eyes open on the classifieds.

I don't have a tumble dryer, so they need to dry within a day or 2. They need to be slim fitting as I can't stand sizing up trousers--did that with #1 and I really didn't like seeing the massive roll-up at the cuffs (though all the trousers I have from #1 are probably fine! :giggle: given that was the case with him)

I've heard the following are slim:
Flexitots
Bamboozle Stretchy
Nature Babies Loveables
Litle Kiwi Quick Flip Lite (but I can't find these??)

I think the first 2 are bamboo, so possibly not practical unless they are quick drying.

I don't get on with prefolds, and would prefer aplix or snappi closures.

I've seen quite a lot of the older bamboozles for sale, but am unsure of how these fit compared to the stretchies.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks!

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Slim fit Size 2 or BTP fitted?

Postby macmomo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:51 pm

I really like my flexitots for slimness, I still have DD (17 lbs) in the smallest setting (she is long and slim waist with super chunky thighs). Very squishy nappy, Very soft aplix. I find I prefer a side snap wrap though as aplix on top of aplix gives a slightly bulky tummy (so I like airflows or nature babies essentials). As far as drying time goes, they take longer than my bamboo terries (of course) but quicker than little lambs because they do fold out. I put them on the line most of the day then overnight in airing cupboard. Not sure how long in winter though. Theyre on classifieds all the time, get one to try I suggest. Also they're easy to boost or stuff if you want.

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Have you thought about Motherease Onesize? They are great for slimmer legs and when used with a Motherease Airflow (popper) wrap we didn't have leaks at all. My DD1 went til potty training in them quite happily. Get the plain terry ones rather than bamboo as they dry quicker on a rack, if you don't mind a bit more expense the MEOS Dry are excellent for longer stints and overnight when boosted.

My DD2 was far more chunky and at about 15 months we needed to retire the MEOS temporarily til she ran off some baby chub!!! But for slim and average legged babies they work well.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:08 pm

From your list I'd say a size 2 bamboo loveable absorbent slim but also fast drying as there is a pocket which the insert comes out :D
I know you say you have tried pre folds ? But if it was the bulk that put you off have you tried a thirstie hemp pre fold ? Absorbant and the slimmest in my collection :giggle:

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies