hf1

Muttaqin or DnF

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Muttaqin or DnF

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Just out of interest, has anyone ever been stung by customs? I've ordered a few things from the us and never been stung but what happens if you do?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm

The only thing I have ever ordered from abroad was my snap pliers from Korea I think it was and luckily didn't get charged :wine: I asked this question a while back and you shouldn't get charged by customs for nappies, but sometimes they do charge you :roll: you have to put in a claim to refund your money. I think thats right anyway, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong! x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:34 pm

babiesgalore+1more wrote:Just out of interest, has anyone ever been stung by customs? I've ordered a few things from the us and never been stung but what happens if you do?

You shouldn't get any charges added if you are only ordering baby clothes or nappies if your parcel is under the value of £135 as they are VAt free. However unfortunately customs do like to incorrectly charge people sometimes :x :x (which is happening more frequently just now :evil:) If this happens you will get a letter from RM or PF detailing the charges and how to pay. Then you will need to send off the outer packaging of the parcel with the charges information on plus a covering letter and your invoice from the seller to get a refund. If the value of the parcel is over £135 then you are liable for import duty of 10.5%.

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies