hf1

Small OWW on a newborn?

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Small OWW on a newborn?

Postby queen bee » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks Tory and Louise for the pics. They are really helpful in helping me decide that I do indeed need to make a big stash of cute teeny tiny nappies. :D I think the smalls will be huge on my lil man (unless he is much bigger than his brothers and sister) Seeing as I will be making them myself I will be saving myself a fortune anyway, so I think I can treat him to a stash that fits. How many XS do you think I should make? I wonder if I would be able to sell them on afterwards?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:29 pm

queen bee wrote:Thanks Tory and Louise for the pics. They are really helpful in helping me decide that I do indeed need to make a big stash of cute teeny tiny nappies. :D I think the smalls will be huge on my lil man (unless he is much bigger than his brothers and sister) Seeing as I will be making them myself I will be saving myself a fortune anyway, so I think I can treat him to a stash that fits. How many XS do you think I should make? I wonder if I would be able to sell them on afterwards?

:wine: I have 12 XS OWW and 12 newborn Hollow Oaks and that is pretty much all we are using apart from a couple of Holdens Landings and our Dunk n Fluffs and Little Gumnut at night. I do a wash every day and that is just enough for us atm. XS OWWs seem to sell quite well on classifieds I think. I will let you know in a few weeks when I need to list mine :lol:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 pm

If I could make them myself I would go for 24 because although I liked the teenyfits I LOVED the owws so if I had the choice I would have just used them :)

Eta im sure they would sell on afterwards!!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:56 pm

megansmummy wrote:awww Louise, she is so so cute!! :widesmile:

I think if i could have made them then i DEFFINATLY would have just had a whole stash of them :giggle: Off topic really here but im totaly loving the mediums on Darcie, the fit is just amazing!! :wine:

Same here Tory I love the mediums on Jake. I had an OWW with me at bf group today and they were all cooing over it, I think I may have converted some of them to cloth now :giggle:

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:58 am

i used only the small. i'm glad i didn't get extra small. dd was 7 lb 14 at birth. i think last night will be our last use. - she's just 7 weeks and around 12 lb

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:36 am

The Gorilla at four days old in a small OWW - it didn't even meet in the middle. :giggle: But I don't think he was an out of proportion baby, really. Not overly chubby thighs. And not especially tall - 56 cm at birth. (Iris was a similar height, and weighed two and a half pounds less than Callum did.) I don't think the rise seems very generous on OWWs - you can see they were fairly low-slung on him. The xsmall we had literally did not cover his bottom. He'd outgrown the smalls by about 8 weeks old.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:53 am

I haven't used oww's but i really like serged nappies, so I'm going to try to make some for Peanut. Where did u get buy the pattern from? Going straight for smalls as both my lo's weighed 8lb 6oz and 8lb 7oz, so i dont think we'll have much use with xs. :giggle:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:38 am

I have bought a few preloved smalls but my last baby was 10lb so I figured xs wouldn't fit. Hope they fit ok?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 am

zippie-purple-monkey wrote:I haven't used oww's but i really like serged nappies, so I'm going to try to make some for Peanut. Where did u get buy the pattern from? Going straight for smalls as both my lo's weighed 8lb 6oz and 8lb 7oz, so i dont think we'll have much use with xs. :giggle:

Mia is 8lb 5 (probably more by now as that was on Tuesday :lol:) and the smalls are far too big for her skinny legs still so you never know.

PreviousNext

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies