hf1

Small OWW on a newborn?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Small OWW on a newborn?

Postby beffys » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:26 am

You can get the pattern from very baby Chelle.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Interesting post. It's waaaaayyyyyy to early for me to be thinking of nappies for bubs but Jonah was 10lb 7oz & Isaac was 9lb 3oz but had huge thighs. Personally based on my 2, I would skip newborn anything :lol:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Louise wrote:
zippie-purple-monkey wrote:I haven't used oww's but i really like serged nappies, so I'm going to try to make some for Peanut. Where did u get buy the pattern from? Going straight for smalls as both my lo's weighed 8lb 6oz and 8lb 7oz, so i dont think we'll have much use with xs. :giggle:

Mia is 8lb 5 (probably more by now as that was on Tuesday :lol:) and the smalls are far too big for her skinny legs still so you never know.

Ahh good to know - think I'll make an xs to compare :wink:

beffys wrote:You can get the pattern from very baby Chelle.

Thanks hun!

Shaunie wrote:Interesting post. It's waaaaayyyyyy to early for me to be thinking of nappies for bubs but Jonah was 10lb 7oz & Isaac was 9lb 3oz but had huge thighs. Personally based on my 2, I would skip newborn anything :lol:

Wow beautiful chunky babies!!
Its definately too early to be thinking of newborn nappies for me also - but we have to plan and save for a new car, so I'm planning ways to hopefully save cash :giggle:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:41 am

Louise wrote:Mia weighs 8lb 3 oz today and the smalls are way too big for her still. The XSs have plenty of growing room still although I am having to boost them atm to get them to last 2 hours.

What do you boost them with? I have a few xs owws ready for bubba but hadn't occurred to me that newborn nappies would need boosting! I was expecting to have to change him/her every couple of hours :-? Newborn nappies are all new to me, we starting DD in BTPs when she was 3-4 months old.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:42 pm

All the gorgeous pics of cute newborns in little teeny nappies is making me very very broody :lookround:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Bluebell wrote:
Louise wrote:Mia weighs 8lb 3 oz today and the smalls are way too big for her still. The XSs have plenty of growing room still although I am having to boost them atm to get them to last 2 hours.

What do you boost them with? I have a few xs owws ready for bubba but hadn't occurred to me that newborn nappies would need boosting! I was expecting to have to change him/her every couple of hours :-? Newborn nappies are all new to me, we starting DD in BTPs when she was 3-4 months old.

I used a folded little lambs bamboo booster. added lots of absorbancy without much bulk.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Bluebell wrote:

Me either, I have never had to boost teeny nappies for the other 3. They are improving a bit now they are up to full absorbency (bad mummy didn't prewash them :oops: ). I find an Itti mini booster is perfect (thanks Charli for the tip) although have used a Little Lambs booster folded in half lengthways if I have run out of Itti boosters.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Louise wrote:
Bluebell wrote:

Me either, I have never had to boost teeny nappies for the other 3. They are improving a bit now they are up to full absorbency (bad mummy didn't prewash them :oops: ). I find an Itti mini booster is perfect (thanks Charli for the tip) although have used a Little Lambs booster folded in half lengthways if I have run out of Itti boosters.

Ah ok, thanks, I got all of ours from Classifieds so hopefully they'll be ok for absorbancy, I'll see how we go before investing in boosters. 7 weeks to go! Exciting!

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies