hf1

What fitteds for big baby?

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

What fitteds for big baby?

Postby ameliepoulin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:10 am

Dear mamas, I find myself at lost as to what nappies I should go for for my baby. She is on the big side for her age, measuring already 61.5 cm and weighing 5.300 kg at 8 weeks (sorry, I only know metric :oops:). I tried LLs size 1 cotton, they don't fit at all, as she has chubby thighs.
Please recommend something soft, slim and absorbent, as she also is a heavy wetter, bless her. I don't want to spend a lot of money, I just need something to get me through the next stage, when I'll be using the bamboozles stretch and the easyfits.
Many thanks.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What fitteds for big baby?

Postby justme123 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:35 am

I also have a fairly big baby, she was 4.3 kilos at birth and is now 4 weeks old, and she has enormous thighs :giggle:

My first suggestion is to just use the bamboozles and easyfits now - I would think they would fit fine, although may be a little bulky?

I am mostly using size 1 nippa bamboozles and size 1 lollipop pockets at the moment. I much prefer nippa nappies for a good fit on chunky thighs.

I'm sure other people will have more suggestions on fancier fitteds!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:53 am

The Gorilla was 5.22kg at birth, so a large baby. I found that he easily fit into our one-size nappies from newborn- both fitteds and pockets. Easyfits have fit him from birth on the middle popper rise setting, so they should be fine on your LO now.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 am

Your bamboozle stretches will probably fit now on the smallest rise setting.

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Thank you all ladies, the easyfits are ok, indeed, but I was after something less bulky. I am using my Bambinex nippa, Haydee was right, the nippa ones are are so versatile and I am also expecting some prefolds too. Thing is I have to boost the Bambinex because they cannot cope with one booster alone with the wee she is pouring into them, that's why I was after something slim.
Nichola, way to go with your big baby :)!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies