hf1

Is it better to size up or down?

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Is it better to size up or down?

Postby Mungo » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:20 am

My DS weighs about 21 lbs with a slimmish waist (about 17 in), so for a lot of nappies he could either be medium or large. Not sure which size is best to get? I know I'd get more wear/value out of a large, but I want something he can wear now without gaping/leaking.

For example I'm thinking of trying a Weenotions northern lights - medium is 15-25 lbs and large is 20-35 lbs. Anyone got an LO weighing similar, which size do you use?

thanks

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Is it better to size up or down?

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:28 am

Its more the shape of the nappy thats the issue rather than the size. MY LO can wear size 2 litte lambs and meduim little gum nuts, but he can only just fit into a medium AIO wee notion and a medium lusious little somethings as the leg holes seem bigger and he gets leg gape.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 am

I agree - really depends on the shape of the nappy.
Also - how tall is your little one?
I have a skinny DS (similar waist to your little one!) - and before he PT'd we always had nappies on the tightest waist setting - but it was the rise that made us move up sizes.

What nappies fit him at the mo - coz then I may be able to offer you more advice!

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:35 am

I don't have any fitteds yet, he wears mostly flips (on the medium setting) and some issy bears done up almost as tight as they'll go round the waist. He has an itti tutto that fits on the medium rise setting and the waist on the tightest setting without crossing the tabs over.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies