hf1

Sorry if this has been done loads.

My avatar
Bumblingbee
Clothie
Clothie

Sorry if this has been done loads.

Postby Bumblingbee » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:36 pm

But I'm on my phone and it won't let me search. Never get to a proper computer these days....

So, pumpkin seed is due in Feb. Only started cloth at 5 months with daughter so starting to build my stash. I'm going for fitted and wraps, but how many of each for a newborn stash? My daughter was diddy at 5lb 11oz but chunked up fairly quickly. Ideally I'd be washing every other day.
I've only got sandy's at the mo, and prefolds. Have 1 airflow, 1 rikki and 1 thirsties wrap so far.

Just looking for general newborn stash advice as a complete novice!!

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Sorry if this has been done loads.

Postby knees_on » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 pm

I think you need wool.... :giggle: :giggle: :wink: :wink: :knit:

Much comfier than wraps :wink:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Newborn we had 7 wraps,22 nappies we managed fine and washed every other day :wink: If you have wool wraps i would say you need 3 or 4

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:37 pm

I had about 24 nappies, diddy daipers were good as very adjustable and old style bamboozles were fab when she was a bit bigger. We started at about 4 weeks I think. I like the wraps with a gusset as they hold more in.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:19 am

I would say you'd need about 24 nappies and about 6 wraps, I'd recommend wool for night time ( and during the day if you don't mind the 'big bum' look!), it took us a little while to get used to wool - but it works like magic when you get it right!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:47 am

This was my newborn stash viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72717&hilit=newborn+stash - so altogether I had 45 nappies and 10 wraps/covers :oops: honestly it was MORE than enough, I went completely mad buying newborn fluff.

I prefer wool over anything now but when he was tiny I did have a few wraps - my favourites were Little Lambs and Motherease Rikki and Airflows. The Rikki wraps are fab over terries/prefolds. Also I liked Tots Bots fleece wraps, and these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EccoBots-Funk ... 76c01b5a55

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 pm

http://bibsnbots.co.uk/clearance-c-92/s ... tter-p-604
I bought a few of these for our stash, I haven't tried them yet but they're lovely. Scroll down the page to see the inside. There aren't many sizes available but there are other colours. Have a browse. Be sure to get the fitted with the lay in boosters though and not the pockets which are simply empty pockets.

My avatar
Bumblingbee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bumblingbee » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:14 am

Sorry for the mega long time to reply! As i said, i was on my phone and when i clicked 'submit' it brought up posts with similar titles, so scrolled through them, didn't actually realise this had posted!! :oops:

Anyway - wool. I have never used it and haven't a clue where to start with it. Can you explain it to me please you wooly lovers! I am very open to using it. I may even dig out some knitting needles!!! :knit:

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies