hf1

Dunk'n'fluff help please :-)

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Dunk'n'fluff help please :-)

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Ah panicking now that medium won't last long. The one I have coming is bv on the back but cotton (woven) on the front! Do you think I would be better to swap to the large?

Sorry for stealing your thread Lynnifer, looks like we have the same problem :( tempted to buy a pre loved large to see the size difference :-?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Squish is a wee chubster :giggle: At 5 and a half months has outgrown the smalls (hasn't worn them in about 6 weeks), is onto the middle (OBV) or last (cotton) poppers of her mediums and I'm already thinking of ordering her larges :giggle:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:02 pm

I just measured Darcy instead of going my weight and I think the medium should be ok for her?!?! It's so confusing because there are different measurements depending on what the outer is made of. Darcy measures at the higher end of the woven outers but about the middle of the measurements for knit, and as the nappy is half woven half BV I am hoping it will be somewhere between the 2 sizes. Still tempted to go for a large though :roll:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:13 pm

I had a look on dnf's knit sizing charts again and apart from the massive weight difference there really isn't that much diiference between the sizes.

Waist on medium is 18-23" and large is 19-25" we are already on 2nd tighest setting in a medium so I reckon we'd be on tightest in a large.

Medium thigh is 9.5-14" and large is 10-15"...DD is a 10 thigh (and if anything like her mum will only get bigger *giggle*)

Rise is 2" difference and would prob be more in line with my other nappies.

So I think I'm sold on a large...I think...anyone got both a medium and a large and willing to do a comparison photo? (ie medium on top of a large)

Pretty Please ;-)

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:01 pm

T is 20 months on Sunday, Mediums would still fit his waist and thighs but he has outgrown them in the rise (he is fairly tall) Larges are still big on him,I bought some to hopefully use for night times when he starts to pee less and he has them on the tightest snaps and they are too big.
If in doubt go for large because they will always grow into them but if shes fairly chunky in the thigh and not very lean round the middle Id say the larges may fit nicely now.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:19 pm

My 5 year old can still fit in a large DnF! They are very big imo. Mediums fitted him until he was around 2 and he wears larges now on the tightest snaps. He's 28months and around 29lb.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Bella was in mediums until she potty trained at 3. She went into large nappies (and we were using pockets exclusively at that time, so hadn't used a DnF) for a while around 11-13 months, when she was at her biggest, but slimmed down considerably when she started walking properly and then became a skinny minnie! Larges would have drowned her then, but would fit her now (at 4!).

Jake, OTOH, is 15 months and is very definitely in larges. I'm hoping he starts to slim down a little soon because if he doesn't, I'll have to start looking for XL nappies as he is just chunky. He's over 28lb and has a big bum and legs, but a tiny waist and you can see his ribs.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:02 pm

... well decided to keep my order as mediums and hope DD doesn't grow too much (and if she does grow out of mediums, its a good excuse to buy more nappies in a large :wink: :wink: )

thanks for all the help x

My avatar
CeitBrown89
Clothie
Clothie

Postby CeitBrown89 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:55 am

Just wanted to add, my DD is just short of 7 months and fits a large DnF great, she's 18.6lbs but has super chubby legs (for the time being) so think it depends on the shape more than weight! I think the medium looks fine :)

PreviousNext

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies