hf1

Bamboozles

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Bamboozles

Postby Nimyue » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:14 pm

So I bought some used Bamboozles for really cheap. I got them home, their absorbency is good and they fit well. However, they are rather rough... I didn't really notice until a friend of mine game me 2 of hers and they are really plush and soft. Are my other ones just older? Should they maybe be stripped? I'm just a little confused at how the two can be so different... :-?

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Bamboozles

Postby ImisMummy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:41 pm

We found the older ones with the sewn in booster arent as fluffy as the new ones with a snap in booster.

Also, we tumble dry them for a few minutes after they are dry which makes them a bit softer.

:hug:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:23 pm

The old bamboozles were made of a different material to the new stretchy ones so the newer ones are softer.

If you don't have a tumble dryer to use, you could stomp on them or beat them against a wall to soften them up. On the other hand my DS has never really noticed that he's wearing a crunchy nappy! :giggle:

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Ok that must be it. The ones I bought have the sewn in booster and the ones that were just given to me have the snap in one. Phew! I was worried my nappies were on the critical list! :oops:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:58 pm

JabberJabber wrote:If you don't have a tumble dryer to use, you could stomp on them or beat them against a wall to soften them up. On the other hand my DS has never really
noticed that he's wearing a crunchy nappy! :giggle:

WSS^^

Ours have never noticed the different between new soft nappies & older crunchy ones.
We wriggle the nappy about and the fibres soon soften up. A quick tumble or part tumble will also do it if you have one (we don't so the wriggling & nappy beating works here :giggle:)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:18 am

Yup, just give them a good hard rub, like you would if you were hand washing clothes & that should help.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:35 pm

I always put one of those fluffy little lamb fleece liners in so the nappy is never in contact with the slin anyway. I think the old style bamboozles are a real bargain. Dead cheap on fsot and great workhorse nappies :D

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 pm

My old style bamboozles went bald and I had to bin them don't know if I just had a bad bunch.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies