Favourite cotton/non-bamboo nappy?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Favourite cotton/non-bamboo nappy?

Postby mudita » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:41 am

Hi
Am curious what everyone's favourite cotton/non-bamboo nappy is. I am getting some fitteds after realizing my AIOs are taking ages to dry and can't go over radiators :waiting: which I new, but I convinced myself it wouldn't be a problem :hohoho:

Anyway, I have 2 diddy diapers in cotton (size 2) which I like, and some prefolds, but like the look of shaped nappies. WHile I like prefolds, I don't like folding over the front so am picky about getting just the right size and that drives me crazy! I don't like thick aplix tabs too much. I have stay dry flips which are ok, but we already need to double up the inserts! Am waiting for a new thirsties fab fitted duo to arrive, which I am pretty sure I will like as I have 2 mediums already. Was going to get some micro diddy diapers as they are less bulky than the cotton, but thought I'd ask about what others like just in case i've missed something really great! my first lived in very 2nd hand kushies and prefolds an I am loving the choice now and don't want a terribly big bum on him...

THanks!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Favourite cotton/non-bamboo nappy?

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 am

To be honest I do love my original cotton nappies from tots bots! Quick drying, reliable and they last. I know they aren't pretty nappies, but with a fancy wrap or wool ;) they are great!

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 am

Yes, was thinking about that too...do they fit big or small? My DS2 is about 16lbs and on the 75th centile, so a bit bigger than average...for most things I can size him up. I Have some preloved tots bamboozles (old style) size 2 but they seem huge on him!

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:53 am

We're using cotton nippa LL for the bulk of our stash, I love them, only downside I've found is they don't always contain explosive bf poo but tbh nothing else we've tried does much better and it's usually only a small leak.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:00 am

I really like our cotton Tots Bots - size 1 is just getting small on my chunk now, and they are much more absorbant than I thought they would be. I loved Kiwi Quick Flips for Evie when she was about a year old - before then they drowned her. Not sure if they even make them any more :?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:06 am

I love LLs too, though they seem to be making her legs sore atm so not using them much right now. I've actually just rediscovered MEOS - dirt cheap to buy preloved and with the pop in booster absorbent enough for us (plus very easy to boost up more). They are also very easy to use and relatively slim fitting :-)

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:53 am

Sandys, Thirsties and Diddy Diapers for us :thumbsup:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 am

Organic cotton flips??

Thses are by far my favourite for DD, very absorbant and dry quite quickly.

slimmer than 2 stay drys

My avatar
moominmamma
Clothie
Clothie

Postby moominmamma » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:45 am

We love Bambinex Teddys (microfibre). I can still get her in size 1 (she was just under 7kg at last weigh in 3 wk ago, also on the 75th) but have begun investing in some size 2 (ones with the poppers to adjust the rise).
We've not got much room but these are dry in only a couple of hours (win!)

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies