hf1

Favourite cotton/non-bamboo nappy?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Favourite cotton/non-bamboo nappy?

Postby mudita » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:11 am

was looking at the bambinex....are they very absorbant? are they very puffy? have got some micro diddys, preloved, on the way, to see what they are like, and we've been loving the thirsties fab fitted duo too...

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 am

Probably Sandys and Diddy Diapers. I did have some cotton LLs, but I found they get crunchy SO quickly.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:43 am

I love diddys but didnt get on with sandys for some reason and sold them all! Was thinking of trying a wee notions nippa nappy too.

My avatar
sugarplum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sugarplum » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:38 pm

i totally love my ME one size organic cotton fitteds and their matching boosters or just plain old terry squares.
no matter what fandangled new nappiers i try we always go back to these as they are best for us but you will find a combo that works for you.
bv and microfiber was never absorbant enough for us and any kind of fleece layered nappy left my daughters bottom looking like a baboon and needed stripping all the time.
bamoo takes forever to dry and we dond have a tumle dryer so by combining these two types of nappy it suited us for night wetting, two different aged babies using cloth together, both boy and girl convenient, great for nursery and didnt cause rashes/smell pissy/ need stripping all the time!
hope this helps, im bf at the mo some may be a bit confusing as i struggle to type while BF.
kim x

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:45 pm

We used all sorts of nappies on my two and even with the choice of all the fancy ones we had if I needed total bombproof reliability then the cotton, staydry MEOS with snap in booster was the one I would use. Granted they are not particularly pretty and can be bulky on a little one but they were foolproof, a great grandparent and nursery nappy, lasted for two children from birth to potty and have plenty of wear in them yet!

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Hmm...more to think about! I will be saving up my p p :-)

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Diddy Diapers for us, they wash really well and can be tumble dried on hot so excellent for quick turnaround after washes. I'm using Findlay's newborn ones on Iona and they are still as good as new despite him using them for well over a year.

For cuteness though it has to be TB Fluffles!

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies