Help me solve this nappy mystery!

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Help me solve this nappy mystery!

Postby Juli » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I've just been given a bin bag full of (supposedly) MotherEase One-Size nappies complete with boosters, liners and a few wraps, all in very good used condition, by a lovely lady on freecycle. I'm thrilled to have them, and they will be very useful. I'm just a little puzzled, because I don't think they're actually MotherEase.

I used MotherEase OS for my first two (and then gave them all away thinking we were done having babies, but now we're expecting a surprise number 3), and there are just some subtle differences that make me think they're some sort of MotherEase copy. The shape is the same and the popper arrangement is the same, but the tag at the back is on the outside. If I remember correctly, the tag on mine was on the inside. Furthermore, they don't have the MotherEase logo tag on the front. Instead there is a small tag just a little further towards the back than I remember the MotherEase logo to be and it's a thin tag, like the one at the back. Of course, all the tags have become bleached from washing and I can't make out anything written on them.

Any ideas what they might be?

Love to all,
Juli

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help me solve this nappy mystery!

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Sound like they might not be motherease, but I'd try them anyway. If they work well then :widesmile: but if not, at least they didn't cost you anything. :thumbsup:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Could they be Onelife
http://www.preciouslittleone.com/produc ... -one-size/

or Popolini OS?
http://www.plushpants.com/phppages/revi ... =3&prod=60

Both are almost identical to MEOS.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

The Popolini looks like the snaps on the front side (ie, the bit where you close the nappy) are in a different arrangement, and the Onelife ones look like they have the same sort of stiff tag on the side just like the MotherEase.

So still a mystery...

Mumof5, of course I'm going to use them. They look like they will work just as well as the MotherEase ones. I'm just curious to know what they are! :wink:

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Actually, having had another look, I can find pictures of the popolini where the snaps are the same as the Motherease, just not in the picture on the official website. Maybe they've changed the design slightly? Has anyone got Popolini one-size nappies who could tell me whether they're the same as mine?

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 pm

I've just found a picture of a popolini nappy on amazon where you can clearly see that the tag at the back is on the outside! So it does look like I've got popolinis. Mystery solved, I think, unless anyone's got anything else to suggest?

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:12 pm

They do sound like popolinis. If they are then they're good nappies :D Worked fantastically for DS. Just a bit plain...until I dyed them :giggle:

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:36 pm

nabroc wrote:They do sound like popolinis. If they are then they're good nappies :D Worked fantastically for DS. Just a bit plain...until I dyed them :giggle:

That sounds like fun, but I don't think I'll be quite that adventurous. I'll probably just get some funky wraps to go over the top. Just out of interest, how did you dye them?

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:41 pm

I dyed our MEOS pink and purple for my DD. Just used a Dylon machine dye. They came out great!! :D :giggle:

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies