hf1

I'm dyeing nappies!

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: I'm dyeing nappies!

Postby Juli » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Thank you all! :) I have also been dyeing PUL covers, which has been quite the experiment. I had no idea if it was going to work. I will post photos tomorrow in the wraps section.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:18 am

A little sidenote: We have very limited space in this house, so I have to be a bit sensible about how many nappies to have. Basically I've decided that I really don't need more than 30 newborn nappies :giggle: so I would like to sell 10 of my Mothercare fitteds.

We've had a discussion on these just recently here: http://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=95452 and especially with Sportyminx's clever tip they should work very nicely as newborn nappies. They are brand new and have been dyed baby blue and lilac by me. They are the bottom ones in the first picture and the ones hanging at the front in the second picture. I would like to sell 8 blue ones and 2 lilac ones (I dyed more blue than lilac). I didn't pay that much for them to begin with so I'm happy to sell them for £1 each plus postage and fees. Is anyone interested? If nobody wants them on here I'll put them in classifieds properly. I just thought I could save myself some work :wink:

Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:41 pm

I can also throw in a snappi/nappi nippa if you need one.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:22 pm

I would love a few of the blue ones please, and a nippy too if possible I don't have any x

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:15 pm

123princesssammie wrote:I would love a few of the blue ones please, and a nippy too if possible I don't have any x

Have just pm'ed you :wave:

My avatar
Grrushka
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Grrushka » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi,

They look briliant! I was just thinking about doing the same with my motherease nappies. They are a bit boring white and it would help to cover the stains hihi :giggle: Just a few questions. Will they be colour fast? So can I safely wash them with all my other nappies, I wash them at 40 degrees but still worried about ruining some of my favourites. And are the dyes that you used organic? Thanks

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Grrushka wrote:Hi,

They look briliant! I was just thinking about doing the same with my motherease nappies. They are a bit boring white and it would help to cover the stains hihi :giggle: Just a few questions. Will they be colour fast? So can I safely wash them with all my other nappies, I wash them at 40 degrees but still worried about ruining some of my favourites. And are the dyes that you used organic? Thanks

Yes, they will be colourfast, provided you follow the instructions (for example, add enough salt, even if it seems like an awful lot). The dye I used was Dylon machine dye - I have no idea about whether it's organic, but I doubt it.

I hope that helps.

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies