hf1

Newborn fitteds

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Newborn fitteds

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Ok, so we're stocking up on newborn nappies.

Can I get a rough idea of how many nappies you had in your nb stash? And did you choose ones with a snap-down for the cord?

And with regards to wraps, how many of those did you have, and what did you do about the cord? Tuc the wrap under or have it over?

Thanks chaps. You wouldn't believe I've done this once already, would you!

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Newborn fitteds

Postby bekhi1983 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Tbh I waited for Callums cord to fall off before using cloth. From then on we had 20 applix diddy diapers and 6 poppered bamboozles. The applix was a pita when it came to sorted them once washed, but containment was great. I did prefer the bamboozles though. We used ME wraps and had about 10 which was too much tbh. I think this time round we'll try something else as didn't like the red marks the ME's left on his thighs but will be using the same nappies as we still have them and they work fine, I'll just have to put up with the taffled applix mess. Flip covers also made great wraps over the above and didn't leave marks. So much new stuff has come on the cloth market since 18 months ago it's hard to keep up with it all.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:56 pm

I have 30 ish and 7 wraps. Sandies in xs and s, diddy diapers, some xs owws, newborn hollow oak, xs dunk n fluff, bimbles and bambeasies and nature babies loveables.Plus nb swaddle bees- those and owws have poppers for the cord. I'll probably try tucking the wraps under the cord if I can. Wraps we have are me and thirsties.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:38 pm

We have a mix of newborn and smalls and I use both, smalls are better though tbh but William is long and skinny. I am loving Little GUmnut, OWW and HL's on him, also have a few Sandies as well. Teenyfits are great as well

As for wraps I have ermm 4 or 5 I think but haven't used them yet

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Do they all have cord snaps, Kirsty?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:08 pm

I loved teenyfits on Oliver. Not a fitted I know, but they were great containment and super convinient. I never bothered with the mf insert that came with it as that was too bulky so popped a folded LL bamboo booster in the pocket instead and it worked fab

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:15 pm

I am another one who loved Teenyfits. I also used LL boosters in them. As far as I remember, they didn't cover his cord (although he's always been quite long).

I also had some old style Tots Bots Bamboozles (LOVED these), small Motherease Sandys, size 1 Little Lambs (prefer bamboo but also had a couple of microfibre ones as they were so quick to dry) and Diddy Diapers. It never bothered me if the nappies did cover his cord stump tbh, I tried to use fleece/wool as much as poss as that's breathable anyway.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:43 pm

I have a set of the new colours teenyfits. Might get a starburst or cosmic one, as I love those prints.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:47 pm

We wash our Diddy Diapers wth the aplix done up loosely so they can't get all stuck together in the wash :thumbsup: Not sure why they don't have laundry tabs.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies