hf1

New baby coming - advice please

My avatar
JanW16
Clothie
Clothie

New baby coming - advice please

Postby JanW16 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Although I had the cloth nappy experience with my DD that was 2 years ago and now there's a whole lot of new nappies out there. I used a variety of nappies the last time mainly bumgenius pocket btp which I found good once DD was old enough to fit into them! But I just found an easy peasy bimble QD in my stash which looks like it would fit better on a newborn but don't have a wrap to go with it I ended up never even using it! Also read about easy peasy bumble or the btp option which I hadn't considered before. Can anyone advise what would be best for newborn and I can reorganise my stash - maybe even sell a few to get some new ones! Oh addiction starting again! Thanks in advance. Jan

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: New baby coming - advice please

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:11 pm

I liked xs/small oww's, xs sandies, newborn little gumnut/holdens landings and DunkNfluff
We use a mix of wool soakers, longies or fromtime to time a pul wrap

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:20 pm

My favourite newborn nappies when M was tiny were Owe Whoa When, Holdens Landing and Hollow Oak and when she was a bit bigger Wee Notions and Dunk N Fluff as well. Llike Kirsty we only use wool over our fitteds but wrap wise Thirsties look like a good option or Wee Notions if you want something pretty. The commercially produced nappies that are popular with newborns are Size 0 bimbles and bambeasies, (the bumble is the BTP version from what I remember and they are huge on a tiny baby), XS sandies and Didy Diapers. If you want to use pockets then there's the newborn bumgenius AIO or Teenyfits.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 pm

If you look on my blog you can see exactly what I have for Peanut's stash. We will mainly be using fitteds so have a load of Tots Bots stretchy bamboozles on the way, as well as some xs basics from the US, as they have a snap down tummy for the umbilical cord. We use PUL wraps in the day and fleece at night.

We do have some Teenyfits for ease of use when out and about, and 'cos they are so cute!

Once he has outgrown his early stash, we'll replace them pretty much like for like (size two bamboozles, which are really BTP) and Easyfits (which again, are pretty much BTP, and which we have loads of for our daughter anyway).

We chose the ones we have based on performance, drying times and expense - we just don't have the funds for the wahm made fancy fitteds (and I'm one of those who begrdudge paying a fortune for a nappy that doesn't really do the job any better just because it looks nicer, especially if it's a fitted that gets covered up by a wrap!!!!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Imminent arrival here and our teeny stash is a mix of nippa an velcro diddy diapers, a few size 0 bimbles, some xs and s owe woah whens, old style size 1 bamboozles and little lambs. We have a couple of ai2 looby lus and a few bits and bobd pocket wise. Waaay too many in reality but with dd1 too we will need enough to have a decent turnaround time really. I have a couple of soakers a few longies and a significant number of wraps too.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm due in April and have diddy diapers,easy peasy bimbles, nature babies loveables, holdens landing and owe woah when, xs sandies with motherease and thirsties wraps.Then little lamb size 1 bamboo when baby is a bit bigger.I have 2 or 3 wool soakers too.

My avatar
JanW16
Clothie
Clothie

Postby JanW16 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks ladies,

It looks like I've got some research to do!! I think I'll definately try out some of the sized shaped terry type so i can start using sooner. I had to wait til my DD was at least 6 weeks before any of my stash fitted her - skinny legs!

Thanks again, Jan

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Oh yes forgot about teeny fits they are fab from birth, also I used and still do use a pre fold tri folded and placed in a wrap, for nights I pop in a bamboo booster and it is fab, the ones I use are OWW or Little Gumnut, we could never have got away with using a terry one or muslin sq x

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies