Do I need boosters?

My avatar
JanW16
Clothie
Clothie

Do I need boosters?

Postby JanW16 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi,

Just a silly question! Do you normally need to boost tot's bots size 1? Also I have size small ME wraps which seem to be huge over the tot's bots size 1. Would I be better getting xsmall wraps too? I'm impatiently waiting for no 2 arrival (due last week) but am assuming a big ish baby prob at least 9lbs.
Thanks for any advice!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Do I need boosters?

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi, boosting wise I guess it just depends on how heavy a wetter baby is, I have to boost with our lo and have done from birth. Wraps wise I used xs on him at birth (he was 9lb 2oz) and they lasted a few weeks before he went into small ME wraps, small thirsties he is only just fitting into now x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:10 pm

I have never used them so don't have any experience of them. Are they the cotton or bamboo ones? Bamboo is generally more absorbent than cotton. All babies are different so some babies will be fine with unboosted nappies, others are heavier wetters and you will need to add boosters. With regards to the wraps I only ever used them with DD1 and I think we only had smalls so if you're expecting a 9lber then smalls will probably be fine.

My avatar
JanW16
Clothie
Clothie

Postby JanW16 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks ladies, I've always used BTP pockets so newborn fitteds are totally new to me. What can I boost with if needed? I have a load of inserts both terry and hemp but they are all too big to fit inside the tots bots. My DD was a heavy wetter so I'm expecting this next LO to be too. I also have loads of fleece/terry wipes but I don't think they would be absorbant enough??? Could I use these as liners?
Sorry for the load of questions but feeling a bit clueless!!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:59 pm

You could boost the botside of the nappy rather than the inside & just use what you already have. I plan to use my llitle lamb bamboo boosters in my small fitteds if I need to.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Little Lamb boosters are great for boosting, even folded in half they are nice and trim, I used them in teenfits.
Fleece is fine for a liner but not a booster as it isn't absorbant x

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:39 pm

We've got size one bamboo stretchies for Peanut, and I have some extra bamboo boosters to use in case he's a heavy wetter or a nice long sleeper lke his sister.

Boosting between the nappy and the wrap is usually best, it's trimmer between the legs so nice and comfortable for baby and won't cause leg gape (which can cause leaks...)

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:08 am

I had Tots Bots for Miss Moo. I used to fold the soaker in half, so there were extra layers in the wet zone. I also boosted between nappy and wrap. I wouldn't assume that the next Bub will be a heavy wetter just because your first is. The Gorilla is a very light wetter in comparison to his sister. They're all different. :)

My avatar
JanW16
Clothie
Clothie

Postby JanW16 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks everyone, I think I'll go for the little lambs bamboo. 1 more question do I need a liner on top if bamboo booster in nappy or can booster be against skin?
Thanks again, J

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies