hf1

Parent and Toddler Groups - yes or no?!

Parent and toddler groups - yes, no, or indifferent?!

Yes
62%
No
19%
Can't be bothered and don't care!
19%

Total votes : 37
My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Parent and Toddler Groups - yes or no?!

Postby Cyrillia » Thu May 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Think I'll post in the nest about the incident as this is a public forum, but please keep letting me know about your experiences of these groups! :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu May 03, 2012 8:53 pm

We don't go, we used to but not any more, the main reason now is it it so hard for me to get all kids dressed and ready then not enough time to get once K and A have left for school.

Grace found it quite stressful as well, she didn't like people in her "space" she is fine now but goes to school nursery every day and loves it x

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu May 03, 2012 9:08 pm

We go to groups several times a week. It's a part of our weekly routine that we both really enjoy. DD gets to play with different toys and see her friends and I get some adult conversation. It's win-win. :D

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 pm

We go as I find it helps DD burn off some energy to play with some new toys if nothing else. I met a lovely babywearing clothama at our local group last week, but have also met a fair few of the solids at 3 months brigade :shock:

I think like anywhere you can't expect to like everyone you meet (and vice versa) just because they have kids/live in the same road/work at the same place etc

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu May 03, 2012 9:28 pm

We used to go to a few and some were good, some less so. For Martha the quieter ones were better or ones that were more structured eg messy play at SureStart was a good one as there were activities in small groups. Depends on what suits your child. We did use to go to one big one in Adel where no one spoke to me and there was a real split between the childminders and the mums. Our local one in Meanwood the mums all used the childminders so everyone was friendly to each other, much better.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:14 pm

I use to take Aidan to one but gave up after I realised I was the only parent there that bothered to supervise my child, the others were left to it whilst the parents sat and gossiped about anyone and everyone and tbh I'm not one for gossiping. I would rather take Callum to the park, soft play or have coffee at one of my friends and let him play with their kids, whilst I get to spend my limited time with company I enjoy. I will now get off my soap box :soapbox: :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri May 04, 2012 9:01 am

I think if you and your children enjoy them then go, if not then there's no "ought to" about it. Do what makes you all happy

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Fri May 04, 2012 9:46 am

I would SO go to a toddler group if I knew one of you mamas would be there!! I tried and made good friends with one but it was hard going. I didn't consider myself that alternative before going to a group with respect to nappies, bf'ing, b'wearing etc. Just out of my element perhaps...:giggle: x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri May 04, 2012 10:16 am

No I dont go to any...I hate them and havnt been to any since Megan was a baby and the one that i found and loved closed down so I tried a couple of others and never went back.

PreviousNext

Return to Activities and things to do with your children