hf1

What do you do on rainy days?

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

What do you do on rainy days?

Postby ponygirl » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:31 pm

My lo is now 1 and really lively, I struggle to keep her occupied on rainy days, any suggestions?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What do you do on rainy days?

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Toddler groups/ soft play. get togged up and go splash in puddles. Swimming. Sticking and gluing! Any kind of craft activity here - painting etc. Bun baking. Play dough - there's a recipe on here somewhere. Dressing up. Make a den with a table under a sheet.

And if in doubt, cBeebies :wink:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 pm

soft play, days out where it's not so much. my mum's sisters's. i've been know to take him the the beach in the rain as well but we have a beach hut so we have some where dry to go if it's too bad

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:00 pm

We've done potato painting today, off to soft play tomorrow as our usual playgroup has finished for summer.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Soft play! It's my default activity when it's raining and there are no toddler groups on. We spent a happy couple of hours there this morning and both of my girls really enjoed themselves. Besides that, baking or sticking usually goes down well :-)

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Toddler groups (we do these whatever the weather!), soft play, zoo (ours has a drive through bit so we can stay in the car!), library, make cornflake cakes, jigsaws, Megabloks/Duplo, play picnic or shopping, colouring, swimming, sticking/gluing, painting, and like @northernruth said CBeebies :thumbsup:
ETA playdate

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Oh forgot the library, that's great. We used to go to library and then coffee and she would have a babycino and do colouring or I'd take her lunch and give her that there.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 pm

water play - put some towels down and fill a washing up bowl with water, or get in the bath together :-)

it's hard to remember now what we did when DD was about 1 as I was at work, but now she's nearly 3 it's much easier - we do playdough, painting, colouring, jigsaw puzzles, megablocks, train sets, read stories, sing songs and play instruments, dance to music, cornflour/spaghetti/rice etc messy play, baking/decorating biscuits (you can buy a pack of biscuits and just make the icing if you don't want to do the baking too).

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:52 am

Miss_Purple wrote:water play - put some towels down and fill a washing up bowl with water, or get in the bath together :-)

it's hard to remember now what we did when DD was about 1 as I was at work, but now she's nearly 3 it's much easier - we do playdough, painting, colouring, jigsaw puzzles, megablocks, train sets, read stories, sing songs and play instruments, dance to music, cornflour/spaghetti/rice etc messy play, baking/decorating biscuits (you can buy a pack of biscuits and just make the icing if you don't want to do the baking too).

Its the age I find difficult tbh, at 1 she needs alot of entertaining but shes still too small to enjoy things like crafting or baking. Our toddler group is closed til September now, and our nearest soft play not too near at all! Will have to get thinking cap on, also hope for some dry days!

Next

Return to Activities and things to do with your children