Are you going away on holidays?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Are you going away on holidays?

Postby clothmama » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:12 am

I was just wondering what everyone is doing?

We are staying home but mum is here for a month'ish in August / September so will be doing lots of touristy things with the kids and her (so a Stay'cation as they were keen on pushing when we lived in Queensland!).

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Are you going away on holidays?

Postby sim » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:00 am

Definitely a Staycation here!
Lots of local things to explore and do - they turn the market square into a beach next weekend with sandpits and deckchairs and then there are other activities around town such as pond dipping in the river etc.
There's also a town summer fayre and several nearby fun days.

We are going away in October though.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:22 am

SKINT!

No holidays but just lots of getting out and about locally, my dad just moved into a static caravan in Wakefield so we've been going up there every week and planning some sleepovers.

Got beach days planned, nature reserves, walks, picnics. Like the name staycation :lol:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:26 am

We're visiting my mum for a few days next week then going to my MIL's for 5 days the week after. Neither are holidays and it will be stressful at my Mum's but it will be nice at MIL's.
We are going to a small Christian camp at Studland Bay in Dorset for 5 days in August. It will be our first holiday (not visiting friends) since before Ed was born.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:06 am

We have been in Portugal and are now in Italy so almost all holiday spent away :)

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:47 pm

our trip to disney was it for this year, me and pips are planning lots of walking, cycling and a few day trips but no money for much else

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:19 pm

We are going to Stockholm for week for a wedding. No one else knows it's a wedding though. All the other guests think they are going to a 40th birthday. We hadn't planned for this trip so it's all on plastic.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:20 am

Skint here too, so we are having lots of time doing free stuff at home :thumbsup:
I m looking forward to it.
We may go over to stay with my mum at the end of the summer to see my otger sis and dad but not sure.

Also think we ll go camping at some point as we have all the stuff so rhey only cost will be the campsite.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:32 am

We're away at the moment in my caravan. We're away for 10 days this time and then home for just over a week then away again for 3 weeks. I've sited the caravan this summer so we can get away lots.

Next

Return to Activities and things to do with your children