hf1

Eureka, halifax, for a 16 month old?

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Eureka, halifax, for a 16 month old?

Postby jclmellor » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:05 am

would Eureka in Halifax be too advanced for a 16 month old? entrance is a lot of money but i've heard some great reviews (from older children). i just rang up and they weren't terribly helpful - they just said there were a couple of areas that would be suitable from birth to five years... any advice welcome!!! :lol:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Eureka, halifax, for a 16 month old?

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 pm

My girls have both always loved it. We were there yesterday. Mira who is just 13 months absolutely loves being in the special under 5 areas. My caution would be avoid school holidays as these special areas often end up with older sibblings in and the whole place can be a bit chaotic IMO.

Also the fee includes a years pass, so once you've paid you can return as many times as you like in 12 months. we've been 4 times since we got our pass and I still don't think we've seen it all :lol: It's only 10 minutes for us on the train so give me a shout if you want company :wink:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:09 pm

we're going on sunday for Olivers 1st birthday :) He loves pressing buttons so figured there would be something for him to do. and even if there isnt DH and myself will love it :giggle:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:33 pm

We are here now and it is heaving :lol: probably why they were a bit brief on the phone!

I've been coming for ages and think its great. It's busy in the hols but you could avoid that, wasn't too busy in the Christmas hols mind.

As has already been said, it's expensive but it's an annual pass which is good value if you make the most of it. :)

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:51 pm

pippa loves it and has been going since she was about a year old, i think because its a year pass it's actually quite cheap and the more you go the better value, pippa would go every day if she could :giggle:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:53 am

thanks for all the replies - you've sold it to me haha! xxx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:44 pm

I think izzy was a baby when we started going and always loved it x

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

We went first whe Ewan was just 13 months old and he had a ball - got the years pass and have been back quite a few times. There is a under 3's bit downstairs (like a garden) and one upstairs too (like a desert) but don't think you have to stick to those bits - there are some really good exhibits like making music, how the body works etc and lots for little hands to play with and do. There's also areas where you can sit and read books, do some messy play, chill out in a play house etc. You can do as much or as little as you like.

Hope you have a fab time :D

Return to Activities and things to do with your children